Need support after binging

Options
I've been binging badly (4000-6000 calories) every day for 6 days straight and feel like I've totally fallen off the wagon. My body is SO bloated and uncomfortable to the point where it's difficult to breathe or walk and I don't fit into any clothes - not even Spandex. The scale has gone up 10 pounds - I'm sure a lot is water weight, but some probably isn't.

I could really use some support right now on getting through the next few days!

Replies

• bf1906
    bf1906 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First figure out why you are binging. One day is normal but 6 days is a lot. Second, go to the mirror and look at your body in it's bloated state and ask yourself if you are happy with what you see. If you're not then you should be able to stop.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Well, you could look at it like this - you took a vacation and just got back. Now it's time to figure out how you got to your weight loss and get back to healthy eating. I am sorry that you ended up in a situation that causes major distress. I feel it - I went through divorce and binge ate crap up to 240# at one point in 2012. Whatever is stressing you, you need to write it out, do something to get those feelings out there so it's not bottled up inside and feel your emotions. The more you feel, the less you will compensate for them. IM me please if you need additional help. Very concerned.
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I've definitely had some low points like this and it feels like you want to give up. This may not be new advice, but try to remove all your triggers. Whenever I fall into binging I get rid of all my easy food (chips, sweets) and only eat food I have to prepare. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll walk to the corner restaurant and buy a salad. When it's not around, I don't think about it. Keep yourself busy and don't be too hard on yourself. You'll bounce back - you just need to find a way to break the cycle. Spend time with friends or start a new project, read a good book, etc. Focus on things that are important to you.
  • sarahfryer30
    sarahfryer30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise with you, i went through many years on a binge/purge cycle and it makes you feel hopeless but i got better and so will you. Like everyone has said, its breaking the behaviour, removing the triggers, doing something that makes you feel like you again. Throw away all the bad food, go to the shop and treat yourself to a nutrition makeover, staying away from the chocolate isles. I hope you get through this x
  • LuFindy
    LuFindy Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there, I too have binges and like SarahFryer30 I used to binge/purge. The good thing is, that you've noticed that it's a bad thing and that you want to change it. That's the first step to making better choices. What about those documentary's on those obese people who can't leave their house, they did not realise like you have that it is a behaviour they want to change, and you have.

We are all here for support and motivation! You're not alone.

Feel free to add me!
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Find distractions and keep out of the kitchen. Best thing is not to keep the binge food around you.

Today is a new day to start afresh. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you can do it. Then maintain that throughout the whole day. If you feel weakness, have a cup of tea with a sweetner to curb appetite and sugar cravings. Replace the snacks with healthy snacks you enjoy too e.g. humous & a dipping vegetable.

10llbs isn't much to lose, it can be done. You can do it!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, forgive yourself and start over again.

Health isn't a sprint, it is a marathon. Six days is only a tiny portion of your life.
  • maybelle184
    Options
    Thank you so much for your responses!! I feel like the guilt/stress from one binge causes the others. I'm trying to stay mentally strong and just distract myself from feeling so bad. It's the worst feeling to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself.