Favorite at home workouts

Options
I have 30 pounds to lose and am looking for your favorite at home workouts. Can you really strength train at home? What youtube videos have brought you results? Thanks. I have 2 5-pound weights, for what it's worth.

Replies

• slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do body beast at home and love it. I'm in the middle of my 4th round right now.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking and Jillian Michaels. HIIT on You Tube. All are free on You Tube.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Anything from Blogilates.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My favorite at home workout.......HIIT on my stationary bike while watching a series on Netflix.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals Hard Body
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    In terms of strength training, you can do bodyweight training with just your body and things in your home with the "You Are Your Own Gym" workout program.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Deck of Cards!

Each suit gets assigned any exercise movement you choose. Squats, push-ups, burpees, kb swings, thrusters, etc. Divide the deck into 4 equal piles. Flip over cards one at a time. The number of movements is equal to the number on the card (face cards are 10 and aces are 11). For example, the first card is the 9 of hearts and hearts are squats. Do 9 squats and then move on to the next card. After completing each pile, take a 1-2 minute break. If you leave the jokers in the deck, then do five reps of each movement when you flip that card over. It takes about 25-30 minutes and you can make it as easy or difficult as you please. I prefer to do one easy move, two moderate moves, and one difficult move. You can stack the deck if you like. I usually go through each pile and make sure that there are never to cards of the same suit back to back. I can't risk doing 20 burpees in a row. lol
  • Spurge16
    Options
    I like hip hop abs. After one 30 workout, you can already feel it.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    check out fitnessblender.com
    jillian michaels 30 day shred ( on youtube and you need dumbells or something similar)
    Also the You Are Your Own Gym app

I've heard good things about Convict Conditioning ( on amazon) but have yet to try it
  • a098362
    Options
    How do you track doing at home workout dvds on your daily log? And how accurate do you think that is?
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of Body Beast and P90X3 at home. I LOVE Body Beast. This is my 3rd round. It's really helped me tone my arms and legs.
  • dacapero
    dacapero Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am very fond of ll beachbody workouts currently doing insanity max..they are far from boring and I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks! Also love t25
  • turnerv95
    Options
    I bought this ab roller and it works so well! I got it from.target for about 11 bucks. I also do squats. Both very good workouts. Going to start running twice a day starting tomorrow. Good luck!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of Body Beast and P90X3 at home. I LOVE Body Beast. This is my 3rd round. It's really helped me tone my arms and legs.

I'm just starting my second month on first round of X3. Thinking of Body beast next. You really like it?
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    Deck of Cards!

Each suit gets assigned any exercise movement you choose. Squats, push-ups, burpees, kb swings, thrusters, etc. Divide the deck into 4 equal piles. Flip over cards one at a time. The number of movements is equal to the number on the card (face cards are 10 and aces are 11). For example, the first card is the 9 of hearts and hearts are squats. Do 9 squats and then move on to the next card. After completing each pile, take a 1-2 minute break. If you leave the jokers in the deck, then do five reps of each movement when you flip that card over. It takes about 25-30 minutes and you can make it as easy or difficult as you please. I prefer to do one easy move, two moderate moves, and one difficult move. You can stack the deck if you like. I usually go through each pile and make sure that there are never to cards of the same suit back to back. I can't risk doing 20 burpees in a row. lol

+1