Starting......again. 55lb goal loss

Options
I've always had a problem keeping the weight off. I have lost pounds a few times in my life and always get back to gaining it again. I love all kinds of foods, healthy and not. I can see my problem was that I lose it too quickly then gain it all back. This time is going to be different. I'm going to try and lose it slower. 1 lb a week seem reasonable? I get stressed from school , working full time, and managing the duties of being a wife keeping my husband happy, cleaning house, cooking, etc.....and now trying to get my weight down. I weigh 228lb and I'm 5'8' tall. My goal is to get too 170ish, and staying that way.

Replies

• joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it!
  • Truecullers72
    Truecullers72 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • Bookbuyer2015
    Bookbuyer2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One pound per week seems like a good rate. Best of luck to you!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Right there with you (regained my weight back).
  • Peanut_321
    Peanut_321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is reasonable. You will do awesome on your journey!
  • nlittle1011
    Options
    Good luck! They say its better to lose slower and start small, if u try and change everything at once its too overwhelming
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can do it, just be honest with yourself and don't deny yourself the good food that you want. Moderation is key of course, but going cold turkey is rarely sustainable. I have been trying to lose weight for what seems like most of my life, and this is what made the difference for me. I would lose 5 pounds, then get angry or stressed and eat my problems away at Burger King. I would fixate on a craving then use any excuse to act on it. Now I feel so much more solid in my weight loss, even if it is slow and steady. And 1lb a week is a great rate. :smiley:
  • mlafue01
    mlafue01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That is where I went wrong too going cold turkey and had so many cravings. I have a trip to Puerto Rico end of May and want to look somewhat decent in a bikini. I've used mfp in the past but never navigated to the community part, what was I thinking!? It makes way more difference with having support from others in the same boat!
  • kbare85
    kbare85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We're in a very similar boat! I'm working on doing it right this time; I'm also looking to lose around 50-60 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend. I've been using MFP on and off for a year, and have only just started utilizing this support from the community and it's made a world of difference in my attitude in only a few days. Best of luck in your journey!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yep....I know the feeling. I have been back for three weeks and have lost 11 pounds, but am getting into the slower stage. Feel free to add me. I like to give and receive support.
  • aprilwayment
    aprilwayment Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have 50 lbs to lose. I tried this diet called MD diet where they give you appetite suppressants and B12 shots and a very low carb high protein diet. I pretty much failed after a week. Now I'm back to MFP. I find that I do great all day until I get home from work and then I want to eat everything. I am so disappointed in my lack of self control. Good luck to you!
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can do it .. i weigh 190... i have a 60 lb goal of 130.. good luck feel free to add me
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1lb per week is a good goal to start off with, and it'll let you be pleasantly surprised on the weeks you lose more! Just know that once you get under 200, it might slow down a bit. I'm the same height as you and started roughly the same weight and once I hit the 190s, it took me about three weeks to lose two pounds. This is the kinda thing that happens, just gotta push through! Of course, it may be different for you. Best of luck to you.