Starting 30 Day Shred on Monday!!

Options
Because of what I read here, I went out and bought Jillian Michaels DVD!! I was too late
to fit in on the other group, but I'm still going to give it a go!! I go back to the dr's in 4 weeks
and I want to lose 7 pounds at least, gotta get under 200 lbs!! Any suggestions?? Any
want to do it too?? I really, really hope it works!!! :wink:

Replies

• jcham23
    jcham23 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started today! She kicks my butt, that's for sure! I can't figure out how to add it in as an exercise.. I don't know if I need to split EVERY exercise or what. Let me know if you figure it out! :-) Thanks.
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just started today! She kicks my butt, that's for sure! I can't figure out how to add it in as an exercise.. I don't know if I need to split EVERY exercise or what. Let me know if you figure it out! :-) Thanks.

its under circuit training
  • jcham23
    Options
    Thanks.. where's that at?

I JUST started MFP yesterday so I'm still trying to learn everything.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i did 30 days straight, lost inches, am restarting again tommorrow
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options

30 mins of circuit training or how ever long it takes you!

I've had the DVD a week or two, been concentrating on my C25K, but will start Monday too...
  • jcham23
    Options
    awesome, thanks! I think I got it now! :)

Now my goal is to actually stick with it for the full 30 days!!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    im in!!! i need some motivation and push please!!!! i will be here for you all too!!!
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have done Jillian's Shred for 15 days and stayed on level 1. I get a really great workout from it but have modified it a bit because she doesn't take into consideration your weight and how it effects your knees. I am now 193 but jumping jacks are not something I can do and she says 400 pound people can do them? She also becomes annoying with how much she talks. May want to consider muting her and playing ipod.
  • stephanie_m
    stephanie_m Posts: 16
    Options
    I am totally in! I got my copy 2 weeks ago and have only done it a handful of times. I really need the motivation to do it for a full 30 days. Add me if you like so we can keep each other company:bigsmile:
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30DS on May15 when my DVD comes in. I am so wicked excited about it. I have heard such great things about. ADD ME if you wish. and GoodLuck!
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Will be starting 2moro
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    im in started friday this is my day 3... i do struggle with the jumping jacks but definatly getting better at them... she is good at keeping you going and every time i think i cant keep going i see an image of all those 400lb women on the telly and i think by jove im going keep at it!!! im glad theres a new post as i think as the time gets on it's going to be hard to do it everyday but i desperatly want to. im already feeling a difference dont get me wrong im still a very close relative of mr blobby but i can feel my acheing muscles in my torso seperatly if you know what i mean so there definatly working.
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Awesome Guys!! We CAN do this!!!! YAY!!! :smile: :happy:

I will start tomorrow, and we can check in with each other and see how we're all doing!!!
    If you don't have it yet, and want to join in, I got my video at Target for $9.00!! That's
    pretty cheap if you ask me!! Also, they have the weight/matt combo kit on clearance
    for $4.99...... also a FABULOUS deal!!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do!! I want us to be able to support
    each other and give extra encouragement!! This is great!! I'm so happy to not be
    doing this alone!!

Lots of Hugs
    Michele :flowerforyou:
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow actually! lol So if I can get it, I'm in! :P I'm a bit worried about how it is, impact wise, because I have bad knees, hips and ankles, but I figure it's worth a try! The only way I can get rid of the pain is to get rid of the gain, so I have to start somewhere. :)
  • matwood74
    Options
    I have a bad knee too....... torn ACL that never was completely fixed!!! Ouch!! :cry:
    I'm just going to be super careful not to put too much pressure on my knee. I
    really want to give this program a go, I can't wait to see how it works!! I will be
    thrilled if I see some results!! From everything I've read, it's a good program!!!
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tonight as well. I did it back in January for about 20 days...could really notice the change in my arms. I'm also coming back from an injury so I'm hoping this won't make things worse. I'll modify as I go if need be but I've been feeling pretty good lately. Add me if you like - I can use all the motivation I can get! :happy:
  • matwood74
    Options
    Can't wait to start tomorrow!!! We can do this!! :smile:
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I was going to try it for the first time tonight. My roommate owns the DVD, but I don't know where she is hiding it...

So here I am, back on the internet :)
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! I will be starting this tomorrow! :)
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS for April and ended up losing 10 lbs and 2 dress sizes. I did continue to run as well and at first I wasn't seeing any results but during level 3 it all fell away. I was psyched! I am going to start another round this week. I have joint issues with my hips and knees and my dr. laughed hysterically when I suggested insanity and recommended I try this. There were some moves that I have to stay on the modified version the whole way because of the impact but I was okay with that. Good luck! Also, I would recommend 3 lbs weights to start because 5 lbs doesn't sound like much but man can it burn!