Dodgy scales

Options
What does everyone use to weigh themselves? do you regularly visit the doctors to be weighed by them?

I think my scales are dodgy, I am weighing myself most days to see the fluctuation in weight and learn about my body. I found that a day after a sodium heavy day I weigh up to a pound more I guess due to water (I assume) and now I have accepted the fluctuations as normal I actually find it interesting.

Wednesdays and Saturdays are the days I really look at, Tuesdays is a very active day for me where I am at work for 8 hours doing hard physical work such as mucking out etc (14000 steps yesterday) so I weighed myself at stone and came out at 14 stone 12 so a lb loss since Saturday but when I used lbs it flashed up at 207.8lbs when I first placed my entire weight on it then settled on 208.6lbs, so I assume I'm in the middle somewhere, but is this normal for my digital scales to do this or do they seem a bit faulty? I know they round up or down but that's a big difference, does anyone else notice this?

I don't have anything in the house that is heavy enough and certain enough about the weight to be able to test them.

Replies

• ajaycold
    ajaycold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I go to the hospital emergency room. And use their scale. My scale at home adds 10 lbs. idk why but it does.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I thought maybe I was breathing in lol but that's a bit rounding up/down gap in about 30 seconds. I'm getting weighed for my depo on Monday but will ask if they are certified. My local boots has scales but I like to weigh wearing very little x
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    my home scales weigh me 7lb lighter than the gym scales and they weigh me that amount lighter if I put on or I lose so as long as I know that it doesn't really matter. I use the gym scales value as my recording value. try using something that has a set weight that you know ie a 5lb bag of potatoes or if you have and work out weights weigh them and see what it records on your scale