Hi all!
I am very new to this site. Looking for friends, or even just advice.
I have been physically in shape for the majority of my life without any attempt at exercise or eating properly. Now that I am 30 it is finally catching up to me. I have very little will power to say no to snacks. I am already up to 63 kg and would LOVE to go back down to around 52-55, so I'm cracking down now!
Hope to hear from some of you soon! :D

Replies

• Hi tritaly. I'm pretty new here too. Fortunately I think you've found a website with members whose honesty and openness are a little different compared to other social-type media. Best of luck with your fitness goals. As for advice, being active plays a huge role in the metabolic process and helps to promote energy, focus, and positive attitudes. Days that I miss out playing racquetball or TRX or jogging, I can feel it everywhere. My drive, my productivity, my temper.... I recommend trying to elevate that heart rate for at least 45 minutes a day. Also, consume zero calories in your liquids!!!! This sounds impossible, and I certainly struggle, but this means water only. No fruit juice, no soda, no energy drinks, no alcohol (gasp). Black coffee is not terrible, but don't add milk or creamer or sugar. Hope to hear from you, and again, best of luck.
  • Hahahaha I must say, currently living in Italy, the no alcohol may be an issue. Italians drink wine like its water! Thankfully though, I do not drink any coffee, and very little sodas.
    I entirely agree with you, keeping active is the best for the body and soul.
    I am not very computer saavy either, and a few of the exercises I do in the gym arent available as options.... for instance, situps-planks-lunges-squats.... as well I just started taking a flexability class and I entered it in as yoga (which I am sure is much different) because that is not an option.... is there a way to get around this?
    Id love to attempt TRX. The family I am living with has it set up in the gym in their basement but I don't know what I am doing with it haha. Any recommendations for the best online tips?
    Best of luck to you! I hope this site helps us both in achieving our goals and sticking with it afterwards :)