2200 Calorie Goal

Options
I got a issue....Im having a hard time making calorie goal without going over Fat and sodium! MFP has me set at 2200 Calories a day..thats alot it seems to me...and then to turn around and burn atleast 600 Calories a day means i gotta eat 2800..Anyone got any ideas how to go about this ....If u have some Search ideas i can put in lemme have it! id love to read some older post for it but i havent ran into anything yet

Replies

• XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    I got a issue....Im having a hard time making calorie goal without going over Fat and sodium! MFP has me set at 2200 Calories a day..thats alot it seems to me...and then to turn around and burn atleast 600 Calories a day means i gotta eat 2800..Anyone got any ideas how to go about this ....If u have some Search ideas i can put in lemme have it! id love to read some older post for it but i havent ran into anything yet
    ditto...im suppose to eat 1430 a day i barely made it to 1000 today.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    people keep saying...eat nuts and avacados....i can only do soo muchhhh peanutbutter and guacamole
  • chloemeow
    chloemeow Posts: 71
    Options
    you dont always have to eat your exercise calories, that is just a choice.

my calorie goal is 1300, and i barely eat my exercise calories.

you should be fine, just aslong as your eating right, then you wont go over your fat and sodium,
    if anythin, try to go over on protein or something, because thats certainly better then sugar, fat or sodium.

goodluck
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    i can't do any peanut butter...allergic. but i really need help getting to my goal i cant even get to 1000 a day barely
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Try some higher calorie snacks- protein bars, nuts, etc....

since your calories are so high already I would focus on getting the 2200 and not worry alot about eatting back all your exercise calories....well you should eat some of them its okay if you don't....
    Many different opnions out there about eatting back or not....I don't often eat back all mine!

Look at protein shakes as well!
  • chloemeow
    Options
    people keep saying...eat nuts and avacados....i can only do soo muchhhh peanutbutter and guacamole

maybe they mean organic nuts, before they make it in to peanut butter, and the same with avacado, i love the stuff, i couldnt get enough, if your having a sandwich or something, insted of butter or margarine, use avacado, or just cut it and put into salads, you dont always have to make it into guacamole
  • cmel6334
    cmel6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try protein shakes as a snack. They have quite a bit of calories, and low sodium and no fat. I use body fortress. It tastes good and it fills you up if you mix it in a blender with some fruit.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    How about a protein or meal replacement shake? They're a quick and simple way to get anywhere from 200-800 calories, and can often be delicious.
  • kalelwifey
    Options
    Try protein shakes as a snack. They have quite a bit of calories, and low sodium and no fat. I use body fortress. It tastes good and it fills you up if you mix it in a blender with some fruit.

oooo i aint even thinkk of that! ty
  • kalelwifey
    Options
    So i guess i better google the wuestion...Can you have to much protien in ur diet...because i go over my protein alot to!
  • chloemeow
    Options
    There also really good low carb and calorie Atkins Chocolate Bars,
    they are really nice, but dont taste bitter and chewy like some protein bars.

I must admit though, they are about pricey, but if you have the spare money, go get a few, they are so good!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    First question: is your carb/protein/fat goal the standard setting? If so, you should probably change it. It's not enough protein. I have mine at 30(c)/40(p)/30(f). Mine also set me for around 2400 calories. Obviously that's not gonna happen so I changed it to 1600. Also, there's no real need to eat back your exercise calories. That's more of a bonus or cheat allowance. If you ate back all your exercise calories what would be the point of burning them??
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
    I saw your profile so starting at that weight I can understand why it spit out the 2200 number at you but to be totally honest it's not necessary to maintain that calorie count. I would focus on the calories needed to get to a healthy weight at the height are.
    Under the tools bar there are the BMI and BMR calculators.. find what you need to get to a healthy BMI for your weight then find out what is the calorie intake (BMR) for that BMI.
    good luck!!!!!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    At your current weight, you can afford a higher calorie deficit, which means it is not critical that you eat you exercise calories. And as others have suggested, you may be able to set your calorie goal lower, which will make it easier to meet.

It is, however, important that you try an maintain a steady weight loss without the risks that come from going too low in calories and dropping weight too fast.

Here is a post that may help you figure out how aggressive you can set your calorie deficit:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Supplementing with protein shakes, drinking milk, using olive oil for cooking, eating whole nuts, and adding plenty of lean meat (fish, chicken breast, turkey) are healthy ways to add higher calorie, nutritious foods to your diet.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i can't do any peanut butter...allergic. but i really need help getting to my goal i cant even get to 1000 a day barely

sunflower butter? :) or other nut butter - cashew, almond, etc. raw nuts are good toooo.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options

You don't need to eat peanut butter or nuts to lose weight.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Protein bars and shakes (with milk) are a good way to add protein and calories.

As for eating back exercise calories, you'll get many different answers for this. MFP wants to set my calories far too low for what my body wants, so I change my settings and up them to 2000. I ALWAYS eat back my exercise calories or I'm back to having my calories set too low. A lot of people will tell you NOT to eat them back because it defeats the purpose of exercising. However, when MFP gives you your daily calorie needs it already adds in a deficit so you'll lose weight. If you exercise and burn a bunch of calories it IS possible you'll end up with too few calories and won't lose any weight either. Gotta fuel the machine so it'll run efficiently. It is all trial and error. You have to learn what YOUR body likes. Mine doesn't like anything lower than 2000 calories. Other people can't go over 1500 or 1600 or they gain. It's an individual thing.
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I drink the EAS protien low carb shake, about 110 calories each, add to a meal or dessert and after about 3 a day you are good to go, plus you get lots of protien and they taste like chocolate milk, who doesnt like chocolate?
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How bout meal replacement shakes. I love Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. They got cookies and cream!!
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If you really want to get calories without going over fat and sodium try some bread, prefereably whole wheat. Quite a few calories in carbs and no barely any fat. You can also check my diary if you like, because i have troubles staying under my goal each day, simply eating a normal bread meal, a good dinner with meat, potatoes (boiled or microwaved also very low fat, but high in calories) and vegetables, and sometimes a nice lunch.