Any tips to lose these last 5 pounds quicker?(last bits of fat)

Options
Can't s3em to lose these extra five pounds. I only eat clean! No junk food and moderately active. Should I go low carb? Any thoughts and tips are highly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I didn't eat for three days and I dropped from 195 to 190. I wouldn't recommend that method or the events that caused me to do that, but it worked.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Continue exercising and eating what MFP tells you.

You didn't put on 5lb fast, don't rush to take it off. Last few pounds are always slower to go, and you should have your weight loss set at .5lb/week.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Can't s3em to lose these extra five pounds. I only eat clean! No junk food and moderately active. Should I go low carb? Any thoughts and tips are highly appreciated. Thanks! :)

You should eat at a calorie deficit to lose a half pound a week and be patient. What type of diet you choose is 100% up to you, but the calorie deficit is what matters.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

You should eat at a calorie deficit to lose a half pound a week and be patient. What type of diet you choose is 100% up to you, but the calorie deficit is what matters.

Yep this, the problem with the last 5 is that as you get to a lower weight there is much less margin for error. Your TDEE is also lower as you just generally burn less calories at a lower weight. Maybe take a look at how accurate your logging is
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I didn't eat for three days and I dropped from 195 to 190. I wouldn't recommend that method or the events that caused me to do that, but it worked.

Poor advice from Mr. Fish again.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Go slower.

Quick is a recipe for disaster and failure.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Wtf why would you even say something like that?! Really, c'mon now. -_-
  • kristiniqueen
    Options
    When I am in need to quickly shed a couple of pounds (for example a trip to Mexico or pool party) I always do a 7 day raw food cleanse. What is important is that you stick to raw fruits and vegetables. Berries and apples are best for fruits and high fiber veggies. I find carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, and Brussels sprouts fill me up the most. You can make salads with spinach, kale, etc and make a dressing with olive oil, lemon, and salt and pepper, but limit this to once a day. I will also always have a raw protein powder shake in the morning so I make sure to get protein. Dynamic greens is another great thing to drink during this cleanse (Espresso is my favorite flavor) Incorporating this with a daily sauna or hot tub will only make your results better. To cut the cravings during this 7 days I always have lemon water with me at all times. You can have as much fruits and veggies as you'd like and can incorporate juices and smoothies!

Even when I don't have something coming up quickly, I will do this cleanse twice a year just to rebalance by body and get rid of toxins. You will feel great after this cleanse, it is well worth it. No alcohol is allowed though :)

You can order dynamic greens from dynamicfruitsandgreens.com. There is nothing like them and I highly recommend having one serving a day everyday outside the cleanse if you choose to do it. Even if this cleanse seems to intense I strongly urge you to try this product once a day for a month and i guarantee you will feel better and have more energy. I was introduced to them a year and a half ago and have loved them ever since. Espresso and strawberry kiwi are the most yummy flavors!

• kristiniqueen
    Options
    You will easily gain these pounds back however if you revert back to your normal lifestyle right after. This is a quick fix and is mostly meant for cleansing toxins, not losing fat. However after this cleanse you have less cravings for bad foods and if you follow a healthy diet and active life style the weight lost will not return quickly. And to your low carb question, I always recommend a low carb diet all the time. Fill up on lean proteins and veggies. Quinoa is a great replacement for rice and other carbs.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I am in need to quickly shed a couple of pounds (for example a trip to Mexico or pool party) I always do a 7 day raw food cleanse. What is important is that you stick to raw fruits and vegetables. Berries and apples are best for fruits and high fiber veggies. I find carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, and Brussels sprouts fill me up the most. You can make salads with spinach, kale, etc and make a dressing with olive oil, lemon, and salt and pepper, but limit this to once a day. I will also always have a raw protein powder shake in the morning so I make sure to get protein. Dynamic greens is another great thing to drink during this cleanse (Espresso is my favorite flavor) Incorporating this with a daily sauna or hot tub will only make your results better. To cut the cravings during this 7 days I always have lemon water with me at all times. You can have as much fruits and veggies as you'd like and can incorporate juices and smoothies!

Weird, you left out the most important parts of this regimen.

OP, when doing a raw food cleanse with a daily sauna and Dynamic Greens/lemon-water booster, you ABSOLUTELY MUST do the following:

-Spin counter-clockwise three times before walking through any doorway except (obviously) ones that have a beaded curtain over them.
    -JUMP out of bed in the morning - the whole thing doesn't work unless you're leapin' for weight loss!
    -Turn the left leg of your underwear inside out (trust me)
    -Scratch your left nostril with your right third finger nail every 37 minutes
    -Whisper the phrase "haradu harada harado" before each smoothie

This, my friend, is a sure-fire way to success.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

OP, when doing a raw food cleanse with a daily sauna and Dynamic Greens/lemon-water booster, you ABSOLUTELY MUST do the following:

-Spin counter-clockwise three times before walking through any doorway except (obviously) ones that have a beaded curtain over them.
    -JUMP out of bed in the morning - the whole thing doesn't work unless you're leapin' for weight loss!

This guy ^^^ gets it.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

Omg! Thank you! I needed a laugh.
  • benmclin331
    benmclin331 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow... Lol thanks everyone! I think I now realize why I'm burning fewer calories( I'm 155 pounds). Anyways, thanks for the advice!