Gain weight while lactose intolerant

Options
does anyone know fruit smoothies, snacks or meals for a female who is lactose intolerant? For muscle and 25 lb weight gain. Plus fast food causes ibs ;(

Replies

• leanmuscleway
    leanmuscleway Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have similar issues :-(

I get on fine with using standard recipes but replacing any milk with Almond milk or oat milk. If it requires any protein shake then it is possible to get lactose free whey protein or of course there are beef, soy, hemp, pea proteins available too. I also use goats yoghurt in the place of standard yoghurts.

Peanut butter is great for calories so therefore weight gain and goes really well with a lot of smoothies.

good luck :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Millie0674 wrote: »
    does anyone know fruit smoothies, snacks or meals for a female who is lactose intolerant? For muscle and 25 lb weight gain. Plus fast food causes ibs ;(

peanut butter
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I third PB and will add almonds and avocado as other high calorie foods. It's just about calories though - you don't need to have smoothies to do it. Also stop thinking in terms of 1 serving (if you are). If you need to add calories then have 2 servings of whatever it is you're eating.