Kale Chips = so easy and so yummy

Options
AEB_WV
AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
My daughter told me how to make Kale chips and they are so good.
Put raw kale on cookie sheet (or foil if you're lazy) - make sure it isn't wet
spray with olive oil or canola oil spray, toss a little, sprinkle w/ garlic salt
Bake @ 350 for about 12 minutes until dry and crunchy.

Replies

• pattiann603
    pattiann603 Posts: 26
    Options
    soooooooo. good. my roommate used to do this, and then mix it with plain popcorn, for a great movie snack.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yum! I am going to try this! I have cooked asparagus this way too! Bake for about 10 minutes.
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    YES! agreed!!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Those are sooooo good and good for you! I'll have to try the asparagus idea too.
  • YolondaNicole
    Options
    A co-worker brought some kale chips to work one day and they were pretty tasty.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting! Thanks!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    bump...gonna have to try this!
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    cosign! they are so good and you can add in different spices to play with flavor if you want.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I made two bunches worth and stored the leftovers in a Tupperware container -- Watch out, I did not feel they kept well (if all of the moisture is not drawn out in the oven) -- They were so pungent! I made someone else throw them away outside. :indifferent:

But very tasty when they're fresh.. I used a Land-o-Lakes Sour Cream and Onion powder to season. Delicious!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow, you know you need to eat more veggies when you have to google "kale" because you've never heard of it.

*Sigh* I need to get out more :wink:
  • Rangerz
    Rangerz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I will have to give it a shot too =)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can put a little cheese on them too. Not as low-cal but it tastes like nachos!
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I made two bunches worth and stored the leftovers in a Tupperware container -- Watch out, I did not feel they kept well (if all of the moisture is not drawn out in the oven) -- They were so pungent! I made someone else throw them away outside. :indifferent:

But very tasty when they're fresh.. I used a Land-o-Lakes Sour Cream and Onion powder to season. Delicious!

I had the same experience...discovered that making a big batch in the oven and putting part into a plastic container for later didn't work at all! I just got a food dehydrator and am going to include kale in my first run...maybe that will take more moisture out of the greens.
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Got lots of kale in the garden...must try!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow, you know you need to eat more veggies when you have to google "kale" because you've never heard of it.

*Sigh* I need to get out more :wink:

Love this honesty! :laugh:
  • JonnaGrace
    JonnaGrace Posts: 45
    Options
    Well I always thought it for covering up the ice on a salad bar....hahaha had no idea it was edible
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm
  • CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    I am addicted!

Kale is considered to be a highly nutritious vegetable with powerful antioxidant properties; kale is considered to be anti-inflammatory.
    Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin, and reasonably rich in calcium.
    Kale, as with broccoli and other brassicas, contains sulforaphane (particularly when chopped or minced), a chemical believed to have potent anti-cancer properties. Boiling decreases the level of the anti-cancer compounds; however, steaming, microwaving, or stir frying do not result in significant loss. Along with other brassica vegetables, kale is also a source of indole-3-carbinol, a chemical which boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells.Kale is also a good source of carotenoids.