I need help about my stomach.. Big and hard

Options
Hello, I really need help about my stomach.. my diet is not perfect but its also not unhealthy. I burn between 600-800 calories a day (3 times a week) at the gym.. but my stomach has got bigger and hard. its really big from my belly button down. My waist is still pretty small. I consume about 1300 calories a little more. The states in my diet are good (sodium, fiber, etc) I dont understand. Please im about to cry. I work so hard and it seems its getting me no where.. I also drink 2 quarts of green tea a day and 1-2 quarts of water

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you understand part of the equation required but not the whole concept.

Perhaps brush up on the basics. Here is a great read for anybody wanting to know how all this stuff works.

Read it, learn it, live it.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/
  • iAmberrock
    iAmberrock Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not pregnant. I get the shot every 3 months. Last one in Jan and they do a test everytime.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok first.. log your food properly. You might be eating more than you think. Second, it might not be as bad as you think, maybe post a picture?
  • iAmberrock
    Options
    I can send you a pic in private. Is that okay? And I do. Only thing I add is herbs and spices to my food.
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me - your main bulk of fat is stored in the lower abdominal section? I've been all weights from UK Size 6 to UK Size 18 and I've always always had a belly, even when I was just 15 and 6.7 stone. It's a shape that won't change, probably, and I think we may have to learn to love it. However - the belly will shift the more we lose -promise. For me I need to get actually quite fragile looking everywhere else to have what I'd call an acceptable tum.
    It's annoying but there it is.
  • iAmberrock
    Options
    Its just weird shape.. idk.. doesnt seem right
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    iAmberrock wrote: »
    Hello, I really need help about my stomach.. my diet is not perfect but its also not unhealthy. I burn between 600-800 calories a day (3 times a week) at the gym.. but my stomach has got bigger and hard. its really big from my belly button down. My waist is still pretty small. I consume about 1300 calories a little more. The states in my diet are good (sodium, fiber, etc) I dont understand. Please im about to cry. I work so hard and it seems its getting me no where.. I also drink 2 quarts of green tea a day and 1-2 quarts of water

Have you seen a Dr. About it? I know you have a pregnancy test regularly, but when last did you have a full work up?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    If you exercise and don't know how to "hold" your core in tight, then you may just be portruding it out on exhertion which for some looks like a pushed out abdomen even when relaxed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • iAmberrock
    Options
    Last year I think
  • iAmberrock
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you exercise and don't know how to "hold" your core in tight, then you may just be portruding it out on exhertion which for some looks like a pushed out abdomen even when relaxed.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Wooh... I never thought of that.. would that explain the hard feeling?
  • Laurend224
    Options
    iAmberrock wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Wooh... I never thought of that.. would that explain the hard feeling?

No. Go get a check up.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Have you had any children in the past? If so, you could have diastasis recti which is where your belly sticks out because your abs separated during pregnancy and haven't recovered. Sometimes you can't recover from that on your own.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/abdominal-separation-diastasis-recti

I'd go to the doctor in any case.
  • zoe_mfp
    Options
    I have the same problem :(@enterdanger could someone who was never pregnant have diastasis recti ?
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Is the rest of your body slimming down so now the lower part is more noticeable? My lower abdominal area is always the last to go.
  • kissesdahling
    kissesdahling Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    tl;dr: You should really see a doctor.

Have you had any pain in your abdomen where the swelling is? Regardless, you should see a doctor any time your stomach is so swollen it worries you; especially if it's just PART of your abdomen. It could be a hernia. They don't always hurt people. Some people don't even know they have them. It could be something really simple like you're slightly constipated. (Some people get constipated if they don't go for like a week; others can get constipated without going for a day. People vary dramatically.) But then again, it could be something less simple that needs medical attention.

I looked at your profile. You appear to weigh in the 120's now, correct? And you started losing at 133? Some people, when they start from a higher number than you might have, their fat kind of "settles" down low while they're losing weight (that has happened to me and others I know), but you sound like you're too small for that to happen. Though, some people just naturally carry more weight there, but if you're bigger than you were at your higher weight, that is more reason to consult a doctor.
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Are you frequently constipated?
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Please, see a doctor about it. A distended abdomen can be caused by a build up of peritoneal fluid which could be very serious.