Need help with breakfast, Please!

Options
Can anyone give me some ideas for breakfast? I eat lunch at work after I drop the kids off at school, so it has to be something that is easy to put in my lunch bag. I don't like yogurt, so that's out. What do you have for breakfast? THANK YOU! :D

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I will have things like yogurt, fruit, cereal, granola bar, a sandwich, or leftovers.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I typically have the following:

Cottage cheese, eggs, or greek yogurt
    + Either cold cereal with milk, or hot cereal (instant oatmeal or cream of wheat)
    + A piece of fruit

Sometimes I will have an egg mcmuffin or a similar breakfast sandwich type thing. I'm trying to stick to my usual plan for most days though.

Every day it's pretty much a protein, a starch, and a serving of fruit. I vary it up within those food types, but it's always pretty much the same pattern. I find it keeps me full and is easy to prepare the night before and stick it in my lunch bag overnight for the following morning.

My food diary is open if you want to have a look.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon and egg sandwich.
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i usually make some some of egg casserole or quiche, divide it into individual portions and eat that for breakfast all week and sometimes two weeks.

Or, really, anything you want to eat. I had a meatball sub and fried zucchini for my breakfast and it fits in my macros. (well it would if I was not planning on a birthday hot chocolate and some birthday beverages)
  • Do you like cottage cheese? Trim healthy mama has a great protein packed smoothie made with cottage cheese, frozen berrys( which only have 5 grams of sugar per serving)
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I always eat a Kashi granola bar with black coffee for breakfast. I just keep a box in my desk drawer--super easy. Also, cottage cheese is another easy, high protein (so filling) option.
  • mwm158
    mwm158 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1.5 ounce pack of nuts and a banana
  • mamabellyjelly
    mamabellyjelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to have a bit of protein and fruit. I'll mix and match a couple of the following.
    Scrambled eggs made with cottage cheese and salsa (I learned about adding cottage cheese on MFP. I never would have thought of this. It tastes great.)
    Cantaloupe or grapefruit
    Banana with peanut butter
    Granola with milk or Greek yogurt (Granola is easy to make yourself making it less pricey. We'll add things like walnuts, ginger, and bits of baked apples.)
    Homemade turkey breakfast patties (I'll make a batch on the weekend and they are easy to grab on the go. Very tasty!)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lately ive been eating half an english muffin with a tbsp of peanut butter, couple of banana slices and a handful of blueberries on top :)

when i tire of that, i'll do scrambled eggs and a slice of toast