i need your help

Options
i don't know where else to go to talk about this.
i'm 18 years old and my weight has been an obsession of mine for years now. to the point where it drives me crazy.
i started off at 185 and just recently got down to 161. i did this by under eating and over exercising.
when it comes to eating healthy meals i'm completely clueless.
i don't know how to put nutritious meals together. i really wanna start doing this the healthy way, but i just don't know what i should be eating for meals (b l d) if anyone can help itd be much appreciated!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Just eat the foods you already like. Stick with whole foods, whatever you like. So, lean meats, whole grain pasta, cereal, and bread, dairy , vegetables, fruit. No juices or soda pop. Two pieces of whole fruit a day.

Drink a lot of water. Stay away from excessive sugar.

There are a lot of recipes in the recipe section or go online for recipes. My favorite recipe site is allrecipes.com.
    You can list what you have at the moment, and allrecipes.com will give you a recipe!! It's awewsome. Just start. The knowledge will come.

There are no "Rules" when it comes to combining food. If you want Veggie Pizza for breakfast, have it.

Log all your food. You'll learn!
  • chloemeow
    chloemeow Posts: 71
    Options
    The best thing i think would be to google recipes or healthy cook books, or even if you have the extra money, goto a nutritionist and they can help work out your meal plans for you. :)
  • rhakim71
    rhakim71 Posts: 2
    Options
    You might want to visit a nutritionist for your own personal assessment. Primarily you want to eat from all the food categories on the food pyramid. Lean protein, vegetables, fruit, and grains, dairy (did I miss anything?).... Chicken breast and fish are top notch in terms of healthy... although breaded fish is not... Although costco has some breaded fish sticks that are not to bad calorie wise...

You should strive to get a variety of colors when choosing vegetables to make sure you get the maximum in nutrition. Bulgar Wheat, Rasin bran or any grain with healthy fiber will work. I tend to get most of my fiber from vegetables and whole grain. Also for fruit, don't get in a habit of only apples or basics... Branch out and discover a variety of fruits to compliment your nutrition goals.

One great thing about trying to eat healthy is that you will find that you get full and stay full for the long hall... Whole foods really fill you up with a lot less calories and keep you satisfied longer.... When your body gets its proper nutrition it will stay satisfied longer... If you supply your body with white carbs and junk then it will figure out how to pull some nutrition from these sources but will then demand more because it is not getting its full nutrition needs.. So whole foods and nutrition is key.

Good luck!
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    glad your here to do it the right way :) i understand where you are coming from I made that mistake in the past of not eating right and working out to much too. i really just track of anything i eat or drink. what if found out works really well is a lot of water, grains, dairy products, and lean meats. there is also a a lot of recipes here in the forum and allrecipes.com is my a resource i use a ton. hope this help good luck :)
  • sherrygirl100
    Options
    I have the same problem I'm up and down. I need to learn to eat better, measure food read labels and exercise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem I'm up and down. I need to learn to eat better, measure food read labels and exercise.

Sherry girl. Stick with one ingredient foods. . . . .less to read.

Apple, potato, oats, milk :wink:
  • chelsea125
    chelsea125 Posts: 2
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE ! I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT :)