Diet Pills????

Options
I know there is not "miracle pill", but is there a pill that can help weight/fat loss while diet and exercise?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You will get light in the wallet. That's about it.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    All of my NOPE.

All. Of. It.
  • zoe_mfp
    Options
    Alli is the only pill I know of. http://www.webmd.com/diet/alli-orlistat-for-weight-loss The side effects probably arent worth it tho :/
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    As the other commenters said...NOPE.

Some pills may help to curb appetite, but they won't burn anything extra and they won't help you develop good behaviors. Instead spend that money on good quality ingredients so you can cook healthy meals at home. Make sure you're accurately tracking calories with a food scale and eating at a deficit, only then will the weight fly off.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    orlistat or phentermine are the only real 'weight-loss pills' of course they do have side effects but i think combined with a good diet and exercise regimen and under physician supervision they are a fantastic weight loss aid
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Of all the weight loss products and fat burners I have tried in the past, none of them gave me results that stuck. Honestly you are better off without them. They do horrible things to your body and being a "quick-fix" you won't keep the results unless you change your habits and keep them.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    No. I wouldn't mess with those things.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

:noway:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut Hardcore Extreme Max Stacker will get you RIPPED
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut Hardcore Extreme Max Stacker will get you RIPPED

Ripped off?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    PGX is a fiber pill based on the Konjac root. It fills up your stomach leaving less room for real food.

Xenical/Orlistat binds up fat absorption. You get oily bowel movements. Only works while you are on the pill.

Metformin for people with impaired glucose, available by prescription.

I would avoid all ephedrin-based weight loss pills. They're kind of like speed.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    There are none that have a significant impact on weight loss, and many can be harmful to your health. Fat blockers in particular.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No. They won't work unless you eat at a calorie deficit anyway. Why not just save your money and eat less?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    PGX is a fiber pill based on the Konjac root. It fills up your stomach leaving less room for real food.

Xenical/Orlistat binds up fat absorption. You get oily bowel movements. Only works while you are on the pill.

Metformin for people with impaired glucose, available by prescription.

I would avoid all ephedrin-based weight loss pills. They're kind of like speed.

But the bottom line is a calorie deficit.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Add flax to your diet. Buy it whole and grind what you need each time you use it. It will do more for you than any weight-loss pill.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It all boils down to calories in versus calories out.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Back in the 1960's and 1970's people used "mothers little helper" also known as "speed". I don't recommend it.