The Weird Human Body

Options
I am currently in another stall, the third one since I started losing a little over a year ago. It has been just over 2 weeks and, yes, I made sure I was weighing, measuring, and logging everything correctly. I love analyzing data so I go back over my various MFP reports to see what the trends and averages are. In the case of my weight, my first stall lasted 3 weeks and ended July 3. My second stall lasted 3 weeks and ended October 30 (almost exactly 3 months apart). My current one started 3 months after the last one started. I hope this one also lasts only 3 weeks which means that the losses will start up this coming weekend.

I love how our bodies have their own rhythms and cycles. The sleep and wake cycle, hormone cycles, and weight loss cycles.The human body is so goofy. Logic would tell us that, if we did the same thing every day, we would get the same results. We all know that is not true. We just have to figure out our own cycles and work with them.

I'll be fine. 87 lb down so far and I am NOT going to give up.
58841349.png

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It is weird. I've always had a monthly rhythm, not precisely what one might assume, but I tend to lose better in half of my cycle and worse in the other half. Until recently it was a pretty mild difference, though. Now that I'm closer to goal it seems to be a more dramatic difference giving more of stall then whoosh pattern (but only a small whoosh). Patience is required. Luckily after some experience with it you tend to have more faith in the process (as you say).
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to figure out my patterns. I get to a low weight, gain a few lbs, slowly come back down to the low weight, then finally drop to a new low weight.

I've had a hysterectomy, so I can't really attribute it to TOM, but I still have my ovaries so I'm guessing it has to be hormonal.

I have a long way to go, it will be interesting to see what happens as I get close to goal.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It's random.
  • RegularR0b
    RegularR0b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I'm starting to figure out my patterns. I get to a low weight, gain a few lbs, slowly come back down to the low weight, then finally drop to a new low weight.
    *snip*

This has been my experience.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I've had a hysterectomy, so I can't really attribute it to TOM, but I still have my ovaries so I'm guessing it has to be hormonal.

I have a long way to go, it will be interesting to see what happens as I get close to goal.

I am 5 years post menopause so hormone fluctuations are not it (especially with 3 month intervals). It is interesting that each of my stalls have happened just after either a solstice or equinox. I'm thinking coincidence, but then again . . .

• Lauren5280
    Lauren5280 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

This is me exactly! It was very difficult to deal with at first and now I just keep plugging along knowing there will be another dramatic loss .