Home Workouts Needed

Options
Is there a good home workout videos you recommend? Something for beginners because I am very, VERY out of shape. I have weights at home as well. Financially I can't afford the gym and I know losing weight doesn't "just" happen at a gym.

Replies

• T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There are tons of home workout videos on YouTube by channels like Fitness Blender and BeFit and there are various levels so you'd definitely find beginner stuff there. And it's free!
  • getfitceci
    Options
    Thank you :). I've been looking around there...hope to find a good one.
  • GirlfromHamilton2015
    Options
    I am looking for the same type of info. I think I am torn between turbo fire and PiYo.
    My main focus is to drop weight.
  • getfitceci
    Options
    Same here. I really need to lose fat before I can even attempt to do certain exercises.
  • altheacannon1981
    Options
    getfitceci wrote: »
    Is there a good home workout videos you recommend? Something for beginners because I am very, VERY out of shape. I have weights at home as well. Financially I can't afford the gym and I know losing weight doesn't "just" happen at a gym.

Leslie Sansone, Zumba and YouTube
  • MomMaggie
    MomMaggie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michaels dvd's. They are very inexpensive at Walmart. Also, like previously mentioned check out you tube, great way to preview before you buy.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am looking for the same type of info. I think I am torn between turbo fire and PiYo.
    My main focus is to drop weight.

I take both of these in class form. Turbo is pretty high impact, so if you have joint trouble you may have issues with it. You can, of course, modify so that you're not jumping and putting the pressure on your joints. PiYo is far lower impact, but it's still pretty intense. I find it difficult to keep up with at certain points as it moves very quickly, especially through Sun Salutations. It really is nothing like yoga OR pilates. That said, I love both, and for different reasons. Turbo is cardio like nothing else, and I want to drop dead the second I come home. After a shower and FOOD, of course :) PiYo gets my heart rate up (BTW, I probably sweat more in PiYo than I do all my other classes combined), but it's very much a strength building class. I'm sore for days after PiYo, and I'm no novice to strength training.

To answer the OP, I love YouTube. Blogilates and Fitness Blender are probably my favorite channels. I've also created a Zumba playlist that features songs that I do/have done in my Zumba classes in the past. I already know the moves for the most part, so it's like have Zumba class at home. I can send you that playlist if you're interested. Pm me if so.
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    getfitceci wrote: »

jillian michaels 30day shred is amazing its done for 4 weeks it gets harder by week but you dont necessrly have to move forwRd you can stay in week 1 for as long as you want today is the begining of week 2 for me ima see how it goes if im still not ready im going back to week 1
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like Fitness Blender--on their website you can enter the criteria of the workout you're looking for (i.e. cardio, toning, yoga, length of workout, etc), and search for exactly what you want. There are quick ones if you're pressed for time, or longer ones, and you can combine a few together if you want. I do sometimes go to YouTube, but I find I spend more time searching for something that "looks good" than I really want to spend. I do also have some older DVDs that I pull out on occasion, and they're fine. Nothing specific that I'd recommend, though.
  • clf1284
    clf1284 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YouTube is awesome for workout videos. Including "beginner" in your search will help you find the type videos you are probably looking for. If there's something you can't keep up with at the moment, just march in place. Give yourself a couple weeks and you will be amazed with what you're capable of!
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels work outs are amazing. She offers modifications for beginners too. Plus, they're cheap- only $10 a DVD.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What are you hoping to get out of the workout program? Weight loss, flexibility, strength gains, improved cardio, etc.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith on youtube - she does all sorts from walking, dance, zumba, ballet inspired workouts also pilates and strength, she does them all and I really like her style :)

Also if you like circuits, Chris Freytag is great :)
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Likely around 200 or so, free, no equipment, bodyweight workouts
    http://neilarey.com/workouts.html
    If you go to the bottom of the page you can filter them to get what you like.
    Also does nutrition, motivation, recipes, meal plans, workout programs, etc.
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuiding.com - has a huge selection of workouts.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I go on Youtube and use Real Fit tv. It has a great variety of workouts. I also like Fitness Blender on youtube but be prepared to put your own workout music on because they are very monotone and boring to listen to. I would suggest searching youtube first before buying any workout DVDs especially Jillian Michaels. Most of the time you can find them there for free and can try them out before committing to the purchase. When you have bought one Jillian Michaels DVD you have bought them all, trust me I know, I have most of them collecting dust on my shelf because after purchasing them I realized that they were the same sets of the same workouts just in a different order no variety.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'd check out ZuzkaLight.com. Free online videos for all different skill levels. No weights or equipment required for most of them. And they're short (7-25 minutes each) so you can start out slow and build up to combining workouts!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some of these may already have been listed:

- Spark People YouTube Channel has some free at home workouts for all fitness levels

- 21 Day Fix by Beachbody. This is a really good workout and isn't too high impact.

- P90 by Beachbody. This is new and is designed for people looking for lower impact. (Note this is NOT P90X)

- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You may feel like it is too hard in the beginning, but your body gets stronger quickly and you will see amazing results if you stick to it.

- Zumba

- Slim in 6 (Beachbody)

- 10 Minute Trainer (Beachbody)

And, like many others mentioned, there's lots of free youtube channels with great at home workouts. Best of luck!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com is an amazing site with plenty of different level difficulty workouts.

Youtube is also filled with videos :)
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fitnessblender.com fan. They have hundreds of videos and you can choose how hard, how much time, type of body part worked etc. Plus it is free!