Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Options
First off, cool points to anyone who knows where the quote in the topic line comes from.

I was always a husky (read as "fat") kid. I liked Doritos and TV more than playing outside. Luckily I had parents that got me out hiking and exercising on a regular basis or I would have ballooned up like Violet in Willy Wonka's factory. Seriously. I probably would have been purple too.

Then, after years of being teased for being fat throughout middle school, I joined the high school wrestling team. I was a lean, mean, ripped fighter. I dropped more than 50 pounds, gained serious muscle and won a good number of competitions.

It has been more than a decade now. I am not that guy anymore. When I started MFP I was over 200 and I knew that something had to be done.

I know I will never be a high school wrestler again. I wouldn't want to be, anyway. I am happy being a tattooed, pierced, banjo playing sideshow performer. I will soon be married to the coolest girl I have ever met (she is letting me wear custom Converse and Tardis cufflinks to the wedding!).

My ultimate goal is not really weight related. I want to run run the Greater Hartford Half Marathon on Oct 15 and a full marathon in the spring of 2012 (without dying... yeah, that would be a plus). I've always been a strong runner, but I need some serious body work before I can tackle those runs.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, I will give you good, enthusiastic pep talks, or lend an ear if you want to bemoan the calorie count of your favorite food (darn you, Rocky Road!), or tell you a strange and funny tale.

Replies