Clear Skin Request

Options
Afternoon All,

I workout 5 times a week now and I notice my skin isnt as clear as it use to be.

Is there anything I can do to help me keep my skin clear as it use to be??
:indifferent: :noway:

Replies

• leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I started washing my face right after I worked and that seemed to help.
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. It's like I'm a teenager again. *shudders* :noway: I shower as soon as I'm done working out and use (I think) it's Neutrogena body breakout spray. I just started using it a few days ago, so we'll see if it helps. I'm hoping it works. Breaking out like this again is maddening! :grumble:
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Yes wash your face after you work out if u cant wash your hands get a wet paper towel and wipe your face. hope it helps
    ;)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest washing your face - but wait until after you have cooled down and stopped sweating before you do it! If you wash your face or shower before you have stopped sweating, it can actually clog your pores!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you are on your water intake, but imo, it's the best thing you can do for your skin!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I started washing my face right after I worked and that seemed to help.

I at least rinse my face with water right away... that helps stop the clogging of pores.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking enough water.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I posted the same post a few weeks back & I got some great feedback that is working. One thing is to make sure your staying hydrated, if you don't already do this wash any makeup you have on before you go to the gym or workout because it clogs your pores. Wipe your face with a cotton towel as often as possible, I wash my face immedietly after I work out in the gym bathroom also, this has REALLY helped me, good luck!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    water intake, wash makeup off BEFORE you workout with something mild. Rinse or wash after. Have you changed your diet since you started working out? If so, it could be a diet factor.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes, the sweat can clog the pores and cause acne. If you can't wash your face after working out, try packing some of those moist facial towelettes and clean your face that way.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I don't know how you are on your water intake, but imo, it's the best thing you can do for your skin!
    She is absolutely right...water, water, water and more water... that said, make sure you are not wiping your face with the same towel you use to wipe off gym equipment after use (sounds gross but we tend to forget) also another trick if your skin have a tendency to be oily anyway.... try a satin pillow case. Do not over wash your skin because this can have a reverse effect and remember to exfoliate and moisturize preferably with an SPF. Hope that helps some. :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

I was going to say the same thing. Most people who sweat a lot have a clear complexion if they are properly hydrated.
    I have noticed that my complexion is so much better now that I have been working out a while.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I swear by and use Lush brand herbalism daily!
    I would randomly get breakouts often, and it sucked because I was like, wow I'm too old for this stuff!
    I found hearbalism and have been using it for about 6 months and have had no issues :)

Bonus, it is all natural, handmade also.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yeah I noticed it too when I had first started working out, especially on days I shave it would bump up bad, but washing your face right after workout helps
  • TexasDiva52
    Options
    As said above- wash your face after each work-out. the sweat is causing your break outs!
  • TexasDiva52
    Options
    i break out once a month (.) and it takes forever for my face to clear up- do you think the lush product could help prevent or minimize my breakouts??
    now im interested in trying it out
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Dermalogica - Medibac wipes. Best ever for straight after a workout plus the dont have any of those nasty ingredients that strip your skin like moist wet wipes do!
  • Vio_Fit_Bunny
    Vio_Fit_Bunny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONe...i have increased my water intake and I am now washing my face after my workout!

I know this will work!!!!!!!