don't hate

Options
Hi everyone-
I admit that I am a lurker--I read so many posts every day in order to learn more about health and fitness and to stay motivated when I really, really want to eat more =) One thing I've seen posted over and over is that feeling of jealousy my fellow "fatties" feel when when they see a post from a much smaller MFP bemoaning the struggles of e.g. getting down from 115 to 112 lbs. or the inability to lose the last little bit of belly fat even though the person is finally a size 00.

Well I propose a more optimistic view of our thinner counterparts. I admit when I see those posts I feel that same twinge of envy "If only that were my worry!" I bitterly think to myself. But I've also come to realize that it makes me feel better to know that EVERYONE has to work at being healthy. Eating right and exercise aren't only for those of us with lots of extra weight--even the skinny people need to do it, which makes it one thing we all have in common. I mean would it make me feel better if all of the thinner folks were posting about the triple chocolate cake they are consuming while they lounge in front of the tv all day to maintain 16% body fat? Of course not!!

So the next time the green-eyed monster creeps up on you, remember that thin, healthier person may have been you some time ago and you will be in his/her predicament at some point in the future b/c we will never stop our jouney even when we reach the point where we are maintaining our weight.

Peace, love, and health to ALL :heart:

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    *stands and cheers* :)
  • KCzing
    KCzing Posts: 10
    Options
    Amen! My goal weight is 105, I'm currently at 117 from a high of 133 but being 4'11 and having a sweet tooth from hell plus cravings for all things delicious (and unhealthy) I gain easy when I don't pay attention. I had a girl flip out on me a few weeks ago when I said I need to lose more
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What a sweet post!

And, having been on both ends of the skinny/heavy spectrum, I think your message that good health is a lifelong effort is spot on. Long term maintenance is a challenge in and of itself and, according to some studies, more difficult for some people than losing.

Anyone who is taking positive steps toward better health deserves support and applause. :)