No weight loss in week 4 and frustrated

Options
Week one 5 lbs, week two 3 lbs, week three 2 lbs & week four nothing. My calorie intake is usually right at my goal. Just looking for motivation and info. Thanks!

Replies

• amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Something to bear in mind is that as your weight falls so does your BMR - less of you to keep alive! So you may need to tweak your calories down a little now you're 10lbs lighter?
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, but 10 pound loss for 4 weeks is great!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    But that's 10lbs in a month. That's awesome. 2lbs/week average. You are doing it right. Keep it up!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    agerzen wrote: »
    Week one 5 lbs, week two 3 lbs, week three 2 lbs & week four nothing. My calorie intake is usually right at my goal. Just looking for motivation and info. Thanks!

You lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks. That is pretty good progress.
    I've had a couple of weeks where I didn't lose but also did not gain. The next week I usually went down a pound or two. I would give it a few weeks and see what happens. If nothing shifts you might want to lower your calories a little or check to see that you are logging/weighing/measuring everything accurately.
    Good luck!
  • dewy333
    dewy333 Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Don't forget to check your measurements! Scale/lbs isn't the only way to see progress!!

10lbs in 4 weeks is super fantastic! I'm down 7lbs in 3 weeks - so I"m right on your tail!!

If you are feeling especially bummy about it - add some 30 second planks 1 or 2x a day - Even if I'm not losing weight, when I "feel the burn" I know I'll see tangible results soon!
  • agerzen
    agerzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I should say that my goal is 2 lbs a week which puts me at 1280 a day for calories and I am at 242 now so plenty of BMI left. For me... regardless of how many weeks this is a weight that I always get stuck at. This has been for many years and I never get passed the initial 10 lbs weight loss. I am determined this time to get below 240 and then so on so thank you for advice.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Good for you for the determination! The first few weeks are almost always easy. Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you lose, some you lose a bunch and some you don't lose anything or even gain. As long as the general trend is downward, you're doing fine. As others have stated, you need to look at the trend, not the fluctuations.

If you still find at your next weigh in that you're not losing anything, take a good look at your diary and what you're eating. You may be underestimating calories if you aren't weighing what you're eating and are just eyeballing portions. Most of us don't really know what 4 ounces of chicken looks like; it's not that much.
  • kmayers143
    kmayers143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't weight yourself constantly. There are going to be some weeks that you won't lose anything, but you will still be making progress. Just a reminder, muscle weighs more than fat. So as your body is toning up, you may stay the same weight, or even gain in some cases. Try measuring yourself as well. Or pay attention to how your clothes fit now. Are they fitting better? Looser? And yes, like others said, 10 pounds in four weeks is awesome progress!! Keep up the work! :)
  • agerzen
    agerzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I use a scale and portion everything out so I hope this time I will move past my goal and be able to set a new one. Thank you all for your feedback and motivation to keep going and to not get discouraged!
  • sammyj19902015
    sammyj19902015 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    PLEASE measure yourself... I had this problem at slimming world but id lose a stone then stop loseing... Which then made me give up!. I joined another calorie counting site in 2012 which i had to measure myself.. Low and behold i lost a stone and stopped loseing for weeks HOWEVER because i had to measure myself i found myself loseing inches and not lbs. It kept me going because i knew i was getting smaller.. Also i was getting married so had a dress to fit into! Lol.. I went from 15st 2lb to 12st 2lb then stupidly put most of it back on after the wedding hence why im here again!! But moral of the story.. Measure yourself i bet you you will find a loss .. Let me know how you get on x
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    this also happened to me I got so frustrated and what Do you know right after the 9th day I dropped 3 pounds. Don't give up