Need help

Options
I am a 21 year old mother of two beautiful children. I'm currently 215 pounds and would like to get down to 165-170. I need advice on things I should eat.

Replies

• dewy333
    dewy333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This is what is working for me:

#1 - Stop drinking calories. # 2 - Food journal - weigh, count & log all calories. You don't have to start limiting yourself right away, but you will be SHOCKED at what you consume. Getting a cheap-o scale will help enormously. #3 - add a minuscule amount of dedicated movement to your day. Jog in place for 1 minute 3 times a day - maybe each time you go to the bathroom or add 5 minutes of yoga to your nightly routine.

I personally would not recommend drastically changing your food choices right away. If you are anything like me, I went out and bought all the "right foods" and then when I didn't eat them fast enough they all went bad.

Write everything you currently eat down for a week and THEN make changes. I hate diet foods and starving - I'm portion control all the way. Just weigh & measure everything. I had velveeta shells and cheese for lunch - I measured out 1 cup = 360 calories and 1 cup of steamed veggies to it - only 45 calories. My whole lunch was 405 calories - and delish! Might not be the very best choice - but I'm doing better and making better choices. I hope this helps you! Everything in moderation & small steps! GOOD LUCK! :)