Biggest I've ever been.

Hello, I'm a 21 year old mommy of two. I'm currently 215 pounds and would like to be down to atleast 170, I'm 5"9. Please help. 3ndqw4tzze0y.jpg

Replies

• semablair
    semablair Posts: 2 Member
    How long ago did you have the baby? If you haven't been cleared for anything yet the best I can say it eat as clean as possible and got walking w' your baby
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Use some online calculators, figure out how many calories you burn per day on average, eat less than that. It's simple. (not always easy, but simple). There are no gimmicks, tricks, certain foods to eat or avoid, etc... Just create a calorie deficit. Start logging your food if you haven't already.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Feel free to friend me and we can chat about it! :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    I would start by logging your food for a week without chaining anything to establish your calorie baseline. Then you can make an adjustment to get you to a moderate calorie deficit. I'd shoot to lose 1-2 lbs/week. That is a good pace. Also, establish an exercise regime of 5-6 days/week. 30 minutes of intense and targeted exercise is enough to get the job done.

You don't have to be perfect. Consistency and effort are what you're looking for.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Caloric deficit is all that's necessary to lose weight.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Caloric deficit is all that's necessary to lose weight.

/thread
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    You could just start with mfp's settings to lose 1.5 lbs a week based on your activity level (that would probably be manageable considering your starting weight). Then log everything for a few weeks, see if loss is going as planned, and if not, reevaluate.

Just don't expect to lose a bunch of weight at once. It didn't come on overnight, and it won't come off overnight, at least not healthily.

Good luck!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    A digital food scale and measuring cups and spoons will help a lot, as well, in order to understand what a portion size really looks like.