Hi! 53 yr empty nester!

Options
I've found that since menopause the weight doesn't seem to come off like it used to. My exercise pal( my daughter) left for college and I find that I keep telling myself " what does it matter if I work out or not"! I need a cheerleader! Help?

Replies

• kelzs1
    kelzs1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm really terrible about getting on here for a few days, then stopping again. I am 50, with a twelve year old son. I have been going through perimenopause/menopause for about 4 years. I did lose my extra weight two years ago doing Medi Weight Loss, which was so not healthy for me. I could only eat 500 calories a day of protein. It took about 5 weeks for me to lose 14 lbs. Of course that is not sustainable. After talking with a dear friend who lives in my old hometown, she told me she's lost 30 lbs. It did take her a year, but she is 110 lbs. now. She didn't exercise though...which I think is really important. She is 51 years old. She said she put all of her information in to quite a few websites to find her correct caloric intake. It all said around 1400. She had to play with it, but she said she realized she had to keep her calories around 1000 to actually lose weight. She said she was hungry at first, but then her body adjusted. She said she was eating clean food, no processed junk. A lot of water. She is her weight from high school. She has motivated me. I'm changing my settings to 1000 calories on here, and I'm cleaning up my diet. You can do it too! You can always email me kelzs64@gmail.com. My name is Kelley. I am sure you are missing your daughter...I'm so sorry. You have to stay healthy for her. That's what I'm telling myself. I've started Pilates, and I am going to start running again. Maybe just tell yourself for today you will drink 5 glasses of water, tomorrow maybe you will eat 2 pieces of fruit and 2 veggies. Start with small things, and I think it will help. That's what I'm telling myself. I'm cleaning myself up. We are what we eat:-) Good luck. Keep me posted.

Kelley