I've been working out for two weeks no weight loss

Options
I have been dieting (eating roughly 1200 calories a day) and working out 5-6 days a week for at least an hour for two weeks and I haven't lost any weight! Why is this?

Replies

• mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can totally reach your goals! I'm a busy mom of 4 and am down almost 40 lbs! Add me as a friend!
  • crystylewatson
    crystylewatson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Give it some time...2 weeks is a good start...
  • drwmason
    drwmason Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Drop soda and other sugar filled drinks. You will lose the weight, it just takes time. When you work out make sure you are doing enough weight as it will convince your body to keep the muscle and lose the fat.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A few things:
    You could be retaining water, TOM, salt, water retention from working out
    Your calorie intake: Are you weighing everything, logging everything and trying to be as accurate as possible with your food log?

Are you weighing yourself in the morning after you use the bathroom for consistency?

Also: Generally, 1200 calories is too low and not sustainable for most people, especially while working out.

Give it a few more days, weight loss isn't linear, most people go up and down as long as the trend goes down that is what matters.

Keep logging everything and working out, results will come!
  • ash_sz
    ash_sz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't notice significant drops on the scale, you could be losing body fat%. That is always a win! If you have a gym membership, most of them have the scale to measure body fat. Good luck!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey OP!

There could be a lot of reasons why you're not seeing any weight loss. Unfortunately, unless we really a lot more, we can't really give you a specific reason as to why you may not be seeing changes on the scale.

What made you select 1200 calories as a target? As a previous poster pointed out, it's too low and not sustainable for most people.

Also, are you using a scale to weigh the food you eat? A scale (it doesn't have to be expensive) is the most accurate way to track the food you're eating.

Give it time - two weeks isn't all that long in the grand scheme of things. Good luck!
  • Try adding protein to your diet. Try and have a protein shake within 45 minutes post work out. Sometimes our body holds onto fat and loses muscle because the muscles rip and tear when we work out. Protein helps build the muscle and lose the fat and water. If you are training that much a week you should be taking protein shakes a few times a day. And no... before you think it... protein shakes won't make you gain big henchmen muscles. You have to strip fat before your muscles get big.