Body Media and Jawbone Up3

Options
I have a body media and I have been avoiding buying a wristband from fitbit or other similar brands because the body media has patented technology and is the most accurate form of activity tracking. Well i've noticed that Jawbone up bought out bodymedia and they are no longer selling the armband but coming out with a new wrist tracker. Does anyone know if the new Jawbone up3 will have the same technology as the armband? I hope so! A wristband would be much more comfortable!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No one knows for sure yet. I do know that Jawbone is handling BMF customers like crap.
  • mfrey2012
    mfrey2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was on the website today, and it appears that the bracelet will have the same technology as that armband, but in a bracelet, I am super excited once it comes out, though, it will not be available for another 11-12 weeks
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I pre-ordered my Up3 on Nov. 30 and my confirmation email said it would ship Dec. 22. Obviously, this is not true, and Jawbone had to do a lot of damage control. Those of us with this pre-order issue have been offered $40 off, which is nice, but we still don't have our Up3. The delivery window has passed for many of us, and Jawbone refuses to provide any real information as to what is causing the delay, and they refuse to be more specific on delivery than "early 2015." They won't even define "early"...that could be the end of May for all we know.

That being said, I miss my Bodymedia, and I'm not finding anything else currently on the market that looks appealing other than the Up3. I just wish it were being put out by anyone other than Jawbone, who I have learned to distrust over the past month.
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    where can you get a display for the up3? it looks like it has a heart rate monitor but how do youuse it when you are swimming?

Also with bodymedia purchased, can you still buy it used and will jawbone still support it? I just activated my body media and I will not be happy if they decide to drop support (subscription).. can anyone shed light on this?
  • martie1123
    martie1123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had the jawbone upmove 3. Glorified pedometer. The app really slowed everything on my phone.did not syncs well with Every move orMFP. Took it back for refund after a week.( I heard it works better with iPhone, I have android)
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    snowy0wl wrote: »
    where can you get a display for the up3? it looks like it has a heart rate monitor but how do youuse it when you are swimming?

Also with bodymedia purchased, can you still buy it used and will jawbone still support it? I just activated my body media and I will not be happy if they decide to drop support (subscription).. can anyone shed light on this?

I have heard they will be dropping support shortly after the release of the Up3 . I am not happy I loved my body media nothing else captured data like it did.

• spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    snowy0wl wrote: »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my body media!! My armband broke. I wrote to Jawbone yesterday to ask them if they still support us, and if they have armbands to sell. I got no response. I am not happy!! I paid 79.99 for my body media Core, and the jawbone up3 is 179.99!!! I'm not ready to spend that kind of money yet, especially when I love my body media so much. I glued my armband back together. I'm not sure how long it will last...I'm sooooo sand :'(
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    *sad...lol