Support for mothers to be?

Options
I'm not new to MFP and have been on here for about three years. I lost 30 lbs on here and went through a divorce, and have since remarried. My husband and I have just started trying to get pregnant. So I'm just wanting to stay fit and healthy and maintain my current weight and strive to eat as healthy as I can. Are there any groups out there for women like me, or ladies, are there any more of you out there like me who might be interested in starting a group?

Replies

• abbylmoeller
    abbylmoeller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. :smile: I've lost 25 lbs since last fall, and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since September. I really want to stay healthy and not gain more than I need to with my next pregnancy, and can use all the support I can get!
  • _wildflower_
    _wildflower_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for the friend request. I will message you when I get more time. I noticed that I got another friend request today...maybe we can start up a group!
  • dreamertiff1
    dreamertiff1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just started MFP I'm 10 weeks pregnant and trying to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients for my baby, but trying not to gain too much too fast! Anyone else pregnant and tracking here?
  • _wildflower_
    Options
    I'm going to start a group and will invite you! It may not be until this weekend because I've been really busy at work, fyi. Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 weeks away from my due date. I've only gained 15 pounds this pregnancy. Granted, I wasn't at an ideal weight before I got pregnant, but I have been able to keep my gain down. I was at 20 pounds until I had a slightly elevated blood sugar and my doctor demanded that I cut my carbs (not completely, just some). I wonder how much I would have gained if I hadn't been above an ideal weight at the beginning...
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Same here! If you start a group I want to join! :)
  • _wildflower_
    Options
    Send me a friend request so I remember to add you!
  • _wildflower_
    Options
    Jennifer, congratulations! I'd love for you to join the group. It sounds like you've done a great job of not gaining too much with your pregnancy! I gained 40 lbs when I was pregnant with my son 12 years ago, but feel really empowered not to do that again now that I have MFP this time around.
  • dchoplin
    dchoplin Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just passed a pregnancy test yesterday so I'm about 5 weeks along :D I'd love to join the group and use mfp to track nutrients and keep from gaining too much. What should the nutrient targets be set to for pregnancy?
  • _wildflower_
    Options
    Congrats! Can you find the group on here? I tried inviting people but it doesn't seem to be working right.
  • Aaimzey
    Aaimzey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 19 weeks pregnant and have put on 2st already! I'm trying to slow my weight gain down to avoid complications :-/ I'd be grateful for any help x Do you have a separate group set up I could join? Thank you :smile:
  • dchoplin
    dchoplin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think i found the group, i sent a request :) Let me know if you didn't get it and tell me what the name of the group is. Thanks!
  • bbrat4life22
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks along and would love to join!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Here's a rather large group if y'all are interested: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

Congrats to all of you!
  • _wildflower_
    Options
    Thanks, AlysonG2! I'll check that group out as well :)