Stretch Marks?

Options
Will they ever go away or look any better?

Replies

• Chiclet26
    Chiclet26 Posts: 16
    Options
    Unfortunately, no. Once the skin is stretched to the point of damage (the scar) it won't go back. But they can fade a bit and get lighter. A fake tan really helps hide them. Believe me, I've been wishing mine away for years. I gained a lot of weight over a short period of time and they've been with me ever since.
  • Heidi_M
    Heidi_M Posts: 17
    Options
    I am afraid to say the will never go away as the "factory workers" that heal skin are no longer present in stretchmarks. Feel them, they have less sensation. They may fade over time but that's it.
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try bio oil. I have some but haven't used it religiously yet. People on here rave about it and says it helps to reduce the appearance of them. You can find it for about 10 bucks at walmart.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    They will fade as time goes by and will lighten up vs being pink or red (like a normal scar). But, they'll never go away completely. When I tan, they tan too and are even less obvious.
  • DeKreyzisfitness
    Options
    Thanks for responding so quickly!! I will definitely try the bio oil and a fake tan :) & If I still can't live with them I suppose I will just stick to one peice swimsuits.
  • Jtaime
    Jtaime Posts: 12
    Options
    i remember along time ago seeing something on the news about this i think it was collagen "thing" they placed on the strech mark and when they were done it was basically gone? i also heard abot a type of laser surgery you can go through? are these incorrect?
  • ebs423
    ebs423 Posts: 3
    Options
    The mederma stretch mark cream and stri vectin help to kind of plump them up a bit so they aren't so "sunken". I have some that are almost a half inch wide, so I think my only hope is the fraxel laser...
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have just started using bio-oil. I have had them for many years and they are like scars so I am not optimistic.
    I have hated them for years and get really stressed about it. But on the plus side loads of women (and some men) have them and if you look closely at some fitness model pics they have them too. (Yes I know I am very sad for noticing that!)
    I tried a professional St Tropez spray tan for this reason but it didn't really cover them :(
    If you have any on your legs I have just discovered an amazing spray for pasty legs - Sally Hansen Airbush Legs - it is like make-up for your legs so it may cover them up.

I have heard of surgical options to get rid but that is super expensive so out of reach for me right now.
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    They wont ever "go away" but I have used bio oil and they have faded so much!! They are a lot less noticeable than before!! Its worth a try!!
  • pod35
    pod35 Posts: 5
    Options
    They won't go away but they get better over time and use Bio Oil on them :)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    They will look better. I use a lot of lotion. A LOT!!! hahaha!
  • bron_89
    bron_89 Posts: 33
    Options
    I mix Bio Oil with Palmers cocoa butter (Makes the Bio oil last longer I think) and I think they have faded. I also recently tried coconut oil and it seems to be helping as well :)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The stretch marks I got from gaining weight were more red, now that I have lost some weight they are more white colored, will they ever go away? probably not *sigh*
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I dont know how you feel about tanning, but it does help them look not as bad.