Fitness trackers, Is it worth it?

Options
I was thinking of purchase one but there are so many that I don't no which one is best if any! Is it worth it!

Replies

• FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is the *kitten*. Best gift I ever got. And you just learn so much while using it. Inbox me if you have any questions.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Go buy a Garmin device, it'll make all other devices look like the toys they are. Fitbit is a glorified pedometer.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit One. Hubby's Polar Loop is also pretty neat. Do some research. Different brands/models have different features. For me, its been very useful to have a 'measure' of my daily activity level.
  • HBRN2015
    HBRN2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivosmart and absolutely love it!! I move so much more than I used to simply because it has a bar that times how long I have been still and reminds me to move... totally worth it!!
  • sugarpeas
    sugarpeas Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I use it nearly every day ( I've forgotten to put it back on after showering a couple times ). Don't track my sleep often however.
    Don't expect them to be 100% accurate but it's still fun to try to hit X amount of steps every day as well as the other goals.
    Down fall is this fitbit flex isn't waterproof and doesn't have a heart rate monitor.

I want to upgrade to a better model but I'm waiting for one to wow me.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I've had fitbit over a year. The flex. Yes it's fun to challenge friends. But really is just a pedometer. I wouldn't spend the money again. It's fine for daily walking around counting steps but I got fat doing daily walking around. I use Endomondo on my phone to track serious walks or jogs.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I received a fitbit flex as a present from my mom back in October. I didn't think I would use it at all, so I gave it to my fiance. After I started this journey, and he told me everything it told him, I decided that I wanted one. So we went out and got me one right after Christmas. I don't think it would make me lose weight, but it definitely keeps me accountable of how active or inactive I am for the day. I know when I am working,I go go go, but on the weekends when I am not working, my steps stink. It makes me want to get off my butt and move.
  • pink00007
    pink00007 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think so. I've had my fitbit for a year and a half.
    I also gained weight since I had it, but now that I'm tracking, I find it really useful to know how active I am on certain days. Usually people over-approximate when they log exercise I feel like it gives me a more consistent measure.
    You don't need it, but if you're the kind of person who likes #s and data like I do, you'll find it a good tool to help you.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Depends. What's your budget? Do you like technology? Do you mind wearing something all day? When I first got my Fitbit one, it motivated me to get 10,000 steps a day and helped me lose weight. It's so good at what it does no wonder it's turned into a brand name.

Now Fitbit has new wrist based trackers that also track your heart rate. Yeah. This should be interesting! I got sick of wearing things on my wrist or clipping to my belt so I'm using my iPhone for fitness tracking right now
  • janinewilde73
    Options
    Love my fitbit flex.
  • chill3568
    chill3568 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love the Garmin Vivosmart!
  • krs0902
    krs0902 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my polar loop! I can pair it with a HRM for workouts and it has a display screen.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit Charge HR on Monday. I LOVE it. The HRM & calorie burn is pretty much on track with my polar HRM.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So I have no internet on my smart phone=--to darn expensive up here in Canada!!! So does the Vivo work like the Garmen on satellite--so you just charge and use or have to pay for internet or wifi
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have never found those wearable armbands to be particular accurate. I am a swayer/fidgeter and it well overestimated my steps (I had a fitbit flex). I have a HRM that I wear on my chest for cardio and I love that but I don't trust the pedometers.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one. It keeps me motivated and moving.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have the up24, love it!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I just got the up24 and really like it so far. I like that it tracks my sleep patterns and keeps track of how much I'm moving. I sync it to MFP so it imports my daily food log into the app. And I like how it reminds you to move and keeps track of your steps. I got a pretty decent deal on amazon so I'm pretty happy with it.
  • cromulus
    cromulus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge. I love the fact that it can sync with myfitnesspal. I also love the fact that it has an altimeter built in, so it counts stairs (I have those in my house, so when I feel like burning a few extra calories on the cheap, I get climbing).