Starting Over Again......

Options
So just like the title says I'm starting over again, I don't know what round this is but, this time I'm going to make realistic goals. 1lb per week and 10,000 steps per day and lots of water. Anyone else in the same boat looking for a friend?

Replies

• vidald
    vidald Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since I have been on here and I am also starting over! I quit smoking 5 months ago and now I am turning my life around! I gained weight through my quit smoking process. I didn't realize how long it was going to take my body to adjust to being a non smoker. I have tried everything to start boosting my metabolism but now it's time to get my body ready for bikini season.
  • caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it but you're right, summer is right around the corner. While I know I won't be ready for a bikini, it would be great to look better in shorts.
  • allendye
    allendye Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I too am starting over again. Started Monday and so hoping to stay on track this time round. I do have a question though on the food database how do I delete food from this that I have added. I can only see when I type in a food and say add checked but nowhere does it let me remove any of them? Thanks Ladies - Carol Ladysmith BC
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been "re-started" for a couple weeks, but feel free to add me if you want!
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. I'm hoping to stay on track this time.
  • cariburke
    cariburke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just restarted too! My future sister-in-law would like me to wear a bridesmaid dress for her wedding this June that I wore two years ago - gotta get back on track!
  • sugarpeas
    sugarpeas Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I'm kind of restarting with myfitnesspal too, but this time when I start falling off the bandwagon I'm going to just keep going the next meal!
    It's silly to just completely stop because I binged or indulged too much.
    That is my main goal. If I have a huge slice of cake I'm not going to stop eating healthy completely, I'll pick up an apple or whatever and keep going.
  • buzybee07
    buzybee07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started over on Monday and it's my first time on MFP. I had lost 50 lbs a little over 2 1/2 yrs ago and kept it off but within the last year gained 30 of it back. I know its possible so here I am :) .
  • SuzFra1612
    SuzFra1612 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting over again although I never really got the hang of MFP last attempt! I re-joined SW and need to loose weight for my son's wedding next May, I would appreciate any help, tips, motivation and looking for friends who are in the same boat :)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    allendye wrote: »
    Hi I too am starting over again. Started Monday and so hoping to stay on track this time round. I do have a question though on the food database how do I delete food from this that I have added. I can only see when I type in a food and say add checked but nowhere does it let me remove any of them? Thanks Ladies - Carol Ladysmith BC

Go to your food list ,just above it has topics recent,frequent and a couple of others, select frequent, it pulls up frequent foods, under those foods it says delete item, check the food you want to delete and select delete item, it then says are you sure and say okay.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. I lost a lot of weight on MFP last year & the year before, but I gained most of it back - long story, lots of emotional eating. I can't keep it under control, unless I log. So, here I go again. I did it once before, so hopefully I can do it again. Good luck!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this I started over on Dec 31st of last year and I too set my goals to 1lb a week and honest logging of my food intake and exercise and to my surprise I been losing more than 1lb a week you will succeed with more food that 1200 calorie crap is not for every one. That was a smart decision on your behalf and for me too. Stay focus:)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am not starting over, but I need to get refocused as for the last couple of months, I have put on some of the weight that I took off. Those are pretty good goals that you have set and pretty much mirror mine. I am fairly good at 10,000 steps a day and I monitor that using a fitbit. Add me if you wish, I have sent a request.
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    Not only am I in the same boat, I feel like the cruise director.
  • srea19
    srea19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also need a re-start. After one year, I am half-way to my goal weight, but I've gained 8 pounds these last two months!! I don't want to slide back any further, so my goal is to start this new year with a fresh mind and attitude (and loose the rest of that 30lbs)!
  • rainawat77
    rainawat77 Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi all. I restarted yesterday. My plan is to NOT give up this time no matter what. Anyone please feel free to add me. I'll take all the friends I can get.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Try not to look at it as starting over but picking the ball up and keep running with it.
  • NurseSassy76
    NurseSassy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me! Looking for buddies! I also am starting over again! I am using a new swimsuit I bought to hang on my wall as inspiration! We can do this!
  • mkh79
    mkh79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting again, 6 days in and determined to succeed this time! No more excuses!
  • jenashburn
    Options
    Me too! I lost about 30 pounds two years ago and gained 15 back. Hoping to keep it up this time! Good luck!