Can anyone recommend a good yoga dvd?

Options
I am fairly new to yoga, but not unfit. My aim it to get more bendy and help prevent injury. I need something easy to follow but not too basic please. I am going to yoga classes but only twice a month due to other commitments, so I need to do most of it at home. I mainly do bodypump, circuits and running.

Thanks!

Replies

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I like Fitbody Yoga. If you check out Gaiam, they have a lot of dvd/programs I'm sure.
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will take a look
  • jaxponyful
    Options
    I have an app on my phone called Yoga Studio which I follow daily. I think it was £2.49. It's great as you can do a 15 min, 30 or 60 min session, from beginner to advanced so you chose what you're in the mood for.
  • windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like the firm yoga DVD.
  • VeraVera08
    VeraVera08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can't recommend enough Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She's a lovely, hilarious person who teaches yoga in a relatable, easy way. She has a bunch of videos ranging from pose specific to yummy vinyasa flows in a variety of lengths. Enjoy!
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like Gaiam yoga DVDs-- you can get some for super cheap eBay or Amazon. I have a few that I purchased like 5-8 years ago, and still use them when I'm unable/unwilling (like during yesterday's snow storm in NY!) to leave my apartment for a workout!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Baron Baptiste yoga dvd's are by far my favorite. All levels, but fast paced vinyasa flow classes.

ETA: Sid Mcnairy kicks *kitten* too. He's a protege of Baptiste, so i'm not sure if Sid has his own dvd's out, but i'm sure he does. i've taken live classes from Sid before, when he comes to my studio as a guest teacher.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I second the Yoga With Adrienne recommendation and then also add Leslie Fightmaster on YouTube. I have found that YouTube is a great source from free yoga!
  • sunnysparkles16
    sunnysparkles16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's not a dvd, but YogaGlo.com is great -- especially if you're new to yoga. A huge variety of workouts at all levels and there are even videos focusing on things like sun salutations, back bends, etc. There's a free trial period so worth checking it out :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Jillian michael's yoga also if you have a wii it often has a yoga program on it.

and good for you twice a month will teach you the basics. I'm going twice a week.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    VeraVera08 wrote: »
    Hi! I can't recommend enough Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She's a lovely, hilarious person who teaches yoga in a relatable, easy way. She has a bunch of videos ranging from pose specific to yummy vinyasa flows in a variety of lengths. Enjoy!

Thanks for recommending her. Her channel looks good.

• cyberblonde
    Options
    jaxponyful wrote: »
    I have an app on my phone called Yoga Studio which I follow daily. I think it was £2.49. It's great as you can do a 15 min, 30 or 60 min session, from beginner to advanced so you chose what you're in the mood for.

This sounds perfect. I have two kids so my life is busy busy.
  • cyberblonde
    Options
    VeraVera08 wrote: »

Thanks for recommending her. Her channel looks good.

I will take a look too.

• cyberblonde
    Options
    Thank you everyone, lots to choose from which is fantastic!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Our cable company had fitness channels through on demand. I really like some of the yoga work outs I have found there. I even did one geared for runners.