Feeling awful :(

Options
Hi all,

I am just going through some tough stuff right now - family, relationships & university issues all at once... Which has resulted in a weight gain of around 3.5 kilos! My clothes are so tight and I feel disgusting everyday. It really haunts me. Can someone please just give me a few nice words, that's all!

Replies

• 911ARMYWIFE
    Options
    I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. STAY STRONG! REMEMBER YOUR DOING THIS FOR YOU AND NO ONE ELSE. MAKE EACH DAY A SMALL GOAL TO ACHEIVE. YOU CAN DO THIS! YOUVE MADE IT THIS FAR ALREADY, YOUR HERE. WERE HERE TO SUPPORT EACHOTHER. :-)
  • Jtaime
    Jtaime Posts: 12
    Options
    "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
    ~ Richard Bach
  • princessmedic
    Options
    Hang in there!
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    be strong, i know you can do it!!!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Cheer up. hon. Life throws some $%&# at us sometimes, and all we can do is take it in stride.
    All of us here know what 'disgusting' feels like... it's no fun. But there is always time to turn it around and get your health, life, and well-being in order. It just takes a bit of willpower and a ton of patience.

A little girl that I babysat once told me: "My mom says: be a positive magnet and you'll attract positive things!"
    Faulty logic as far as physics and chemistry go, but true for life.
    Keep strong. :flowerforyou:
  • yahifranch
    yahifranch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello. I can really relate to your words since I was in the same situation a couple of months ago. Having problems at home and school made me really anxious which lead me to overeat and then feeling guilty and more anxious and so on...

I realized after reading a lot and recieving a lot of support from my mom that there is still hope. Look around yourself. There are probably many people with worse situations than yours. Sometimes we do not see how lucky we are of even being healthy, having a family or an education.

Start by energize yourself and dedicate some time to enjoy doing something that you like. Take some time off just for yourself without distractions and do anything that comes to mind that you really liked when you were a kid or something that you are really passionate about but have not got the time to do it in a long time. Something that makes you laugh always work ;-). Then, when you feel a little better, take a deep breath and try to organize your situations and give them priorities. Also, try to think in possible solutions to them. If YOU have the power to change the situation, then work on it. If it has to do with other person or something out of your hands, then do not prioritize it. You will only get frustrated because it does not depend solely on you wether that gets solved or not.

Just try to do the best you can every single day and live for today. Time flies so fast, the past is so gone and the future depends on the present...

Hope this can help at least a little. Never give up!
  • notredame2011
    Options
    Wow everyone, thanks so much :)

I feel like there is no one that I can really talk to about this stuff. I did to my mum a little but we live a few hours apart and I wouldn't like to call her up everyday when I get upset, so having all of you hear me and respond has made me feel much less alone :)

Again - a massive thankyou.