Lazy!

Options
Ok, I've been working out. I'm walking/running, doing 30 Day Shred videos, Yoga...and it's of course helping me feel much better already. I can run a little more than I could the day before. I can go longer without getting winded. The heartburn is subsiding, water is getting easier and easier to drink. I am in LOVE with working out and once I can run a good distance and have completed the 30 Day Shred, I plan to move on to lifting and keep running.

My problem is I'm too lazy with food! I have days where I'll eat so great, but omg I just can't seem to give up the things I want! I DO eat less of it in a sitting than I used to. Like, I went to Subway yesterday and got a footlong that normally I would've finished in one sitting, but I ate half for lunch yesterday and half today. Still, that stuff packs some calories! And fat and holy cow, the salt! Tonight is date night for me and the hubs, we're going out for Chinese. I'll probably eat back every calorie I worked off today and I did double the workout! I'm honestly trying to workout enough that I can still eat whatever I want...lol I don't think it's going to work.

On the plus side, I'm an inch down so far regardless. I need to do better with my diet, though. Any tips?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You CAN eat whatever you want and lose weight, as long as you stay in a deficit. It's much easier to moderate your intake than it is to exercise off a caloric surplus.

• toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm the other way around. I find it easier to watch my eating than to exercise. Cooking my own food has helped me greatly...I eat out maybe once or twice a week and the "splurge" is ok but I keep it in check the rest of the time.
  • ejcanavan
    ejcanavan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lauren :)
    It took me a while to get that through my stubborn head but really your body doesn't know the difference between one calorie and another. I make sure if I do indulge to do exactly what you did. Cut it in half and save the rest for the next day. That and making sure you log every single thing that hits your mouth .. more accountability when it punches you in the face.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've been working out. I'm walking/running, doing 30 Day Shred videos, Yoga...and it's of course helping me feel much better already. I can run a little more than I could the day before. I can go longer without getting winded. The heartburn is subsiding, water is getting easier and easier to drink. I am in LOVE with working out and once I can run a good distance and have completed the 30 Day Shred, I plan to move on to lifting and keep running.

My problem is I'm too lazy with food! I have days where I'll eat so great, but omg I just can't seem to give up the things I want! I DO eat less of it in a sitting than I used to. Like, I went to Subway yesterday and got a footlong that normally I would've finished in one sitting, but I ate half for lunch yesterday and half today. Still, that stuff packs some calories! And fat and holy cow, the salt! Tonight is date night for me and the hubs, we're going out for Chinese. I'll probably eat back every calorie I worked off today and I did double the workout! I'm honestly trying to workout enough that I can still eat whatever I want...lol I don't think it's going to work.

On the plus side, I'm an inch down so far regardless. I need to do better with my diet, though. Any tips?
    Don't give up foods you love. Weigh your food, log everything you eat, and work goodies into your calorie goals.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    You CAN eat whatever you want and lose weight, as long as you stay in a deficit. It's much easier to moderate your intake than it is to exercise off a caloric surplus.

Yep.
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Some things I try is if I'll be eating high calorie later I eat less earlier. Salad at lunch, small cereal, at breakfast for example. Or, I look at the online menu (if they have one) beforehand and pick something that will fit. Subway can be ok if you skip the mayo, or are willing to skip the cheese. Even so, I still give in occasionally. That's ok. This is your whole life, not a small window of time. Habits take time to change. Good luck.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You Can’t Out-Exercise a Bad Diet

For the typical person its 80% diet, so its really important you get that under control if you want to lose weight. Weighing and logging your food to a good standard and consistently is a good start to helping you understand just what you are eating. It then becomes possible to get an idea of what your diet looks like, compared the exercise and work out what sort of deficit you wnat to run.