Pudding Question: Fat free or Sugar free?

Options
2»

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Kind of off topic but I inadvertantly discovered/created a protein "pudding" when making my evening casein shake. I took two scoops of Optimum Nutrition's Peanut Butter Chocolate casein protein, 3 tsps shredded unsweetened coconut, 1 cup coconut milk and 2 ice cubes, threw it in the Magic Bullet and blended. This came out as thick as pudding and has to be eaten with a spoon. Loaded with healthy fats & protein. SO good and doesn't give me the guilt complex of pudding ! I personally wouldn't eat "fat free" anything.

That sounds really good, thanks for sharing!
  • c4vicious
    c4vicious Posts: 8
    Options
    Alternatively you could buy a box of jello brand fat free/sugar free pudding mix and get the best of both worlds. Or you could buy some casein protein powder and make protein pudding as stated above. one scoop of casein for each 1/2 cup of skim milk. The recipe has been around for quite a while btw.
  • youallsuck
    Options
    Fat free....Fake sugars are not healthy at all. Just keep a limit.

Wrong lady. The so-called "fake sugar" in the pudding I eat on the regular is called Xylitol. It has about 2.5 calories/gram unlike sugar which has close to 4, and has numerous health benefits such as but not limited to: prevents cavities, prevents ear infections, slows the growth of candida, may Improve Bone Density, Helps Tooth Enamel & Strength, Increases White Blood Cell Activity, Prevents Streptococcus mutans In Newborns, May Help With Allergies & Sinus Infection’s, and May Lower Risk of Ovarian Cysts.

Next time, do your research before spouting out utter non-sense. Good day.

source: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/xylitol-health-benefits/
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    buy the sugar free instant mix and use fat free milk. I have little popcicle makers (1/2 cup each) and make popcicles with it. They're low calories and easy to indulge in slowly.