Best exercises for back fat

Options
So I used to have reeeeally bad back fat before I started to lose weight. Thankfully I've managed to lose quite a bit of it but I still have these rolls in the middle of my back which just aren't shifting. At the gym I currently do the treadmill, elliptical & rowing machine plus a couple of weight machines. Can anyone suggest any exercise which might help lose weight on my back??

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I would suggest lifting heavy with a structured proven program. May I suggest...http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
  • acortez1991
    acortez1991 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can't target specific places to lose fat from. That just might be the last place fat comes off from you. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off eventually. :) hope this helps.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Agreed, there is no spot fat reduction. To strengthen your back and make it look good once the fat is gone, rows and lat pulldowns (or pull ups) should be part of your upper body work, along with bench press and overhead press.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing fat and it will come off when it is ready. Fat never seems to come off the places we want it to when we want. Your body has it's own agenda and time scheadule.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Plate pushbacks.
  • joshnewton1976
    joshnewton1976 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, but you can target areas from which to gain muscle. This does not mean turn into Ahnold in your back. Push ups and pull ups are great core exercises that that strengthen and shape your back. Be sure to include these. If you cannot do them yet, do push ups from your knees (make sure you keep your back straight and lift through your palms with your arms), and inverted rows can take the place of the pull ups until you reach the strength needed to incorporate them into your workout.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fork put downs
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Exercise of patience...
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    keep on with the rowing.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    So I used to have reeeeally bad back fat before I started to lose weight. Thankfully I've managed to lose quite a bit of it but I still have these rolls in the middle of my back which just aren't shifting. At the gym I currently do the treadmill, elliptical & rowing machine plus a couple of weight machines. Can anyone suggest any exercise which might help lose weight on my back??

sounds like you have most of it covered already.
    i would ask a trainer at your gym for specific help tho.
    i have a personalised programme including all the above,plus core exercises (leg raises,ab crunches and planks) that has helped a lot.
    also strength train 4x weekly.maybe you could look at increasing that area?
    good luck.