Goal Weight Seems Impossible

Options
DropItLikeItsHotx
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Losing Hope Fast.. Sticking To Diet And Exercise Yet The Scales Arent Budging... Any Tips Or Advice For Losing Weight Welcome Please Help

Replies

• graalamat77
    graalamat77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    More Protein, Less Carbs. Try and eat less than 30g of carbs a day.
  • bvrizzo
    bvrizzo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary so we can look? How long have you been working on it and how different is it from your previous lifestyle? Also what weight are you? These things can influence your weight changes
  • DropItLikeItsHotx
    Options
    Been working at it again for a while now.. Just seem to be getting no where fast thought I'd try keep meself on track again using MFP but appears I have a blow out and forget to log for days..
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have lost some weight, so be proud of that. Can't see diary so going with the standard answers: look at your sodium (high levels impact water retention), be honest with your logging (are you weighing food or just estimating?), take measurements (some people will lose inches more than pounds or before losing pounds). Depending on your workout, that can also contribute to water retention and you may be altering body composition losing fat while building muscle (you'll see results in measurements more than the scale). You aren't in full stall unless you've gone at least 8 weeks without loss or change in measurements. There are lots of posts about trying to mix things up to get past a stall, just run a search in the forums for "plateau". If you're weighing every day and not seeing the scale budge this week, that means nothing. Weigh once a week or every other week, same day, same time of day (generally first thing in the morning after bathroom and before eating is recommended); take measurements every 2-4 weeks.

Hang in there and good luck!
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    *Make a smaller/less aggressive goal
    *Get a food scale if you don't currently have one
    *Put a note somewhere you can easily see it and remind yourself to log- a few days of forgetfulness can easily blow a deficit. Some people who have been logging for years can go without, but I STRONGLY suggest you log daily- make it a habit.
    *How have you calculated your calorie goal? Are you using MFP or TDEE? Are you eating back exercise calories?

There are many factors when it comes to losing weight. I believe it's easier if you cut back on as many of those factors as possible so that when something comes up, you know exactly what the problem is. Weigh at the same time each day (like brisingr recommended), log strictly and accurately, and be sure to log every day.