Need help

Options
I don't know if I am in the right group. But I am looking for help to motivativeme to lose wight. When ever I feel like I'm gonna start a diet I just start eating more junk. I'm a student so I can't really afford all the expensive thing that are healthy. I just want to lose weight. I am about 210 pounds and 5'10. Can some one please give me some advice. Thank you

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    At first my motivation came from reminding myself of all the many reasons I was so unhappy at the weight I was at. I hated seeing pictures of myself, was embarrassed at the thought of seeing old friends, and was letting my weight hold me back from being successful in other parts of my life. There were also family members who were heavier than I and I did not want to head down their road. Those were my own personal reasons, what are yours? What do you think it will feel like to reach your goal weight, or even be halfway there? My motivation came from that too.

The other thing I found incredibly helpful at the beginning, and still now, is other people's success stories. Love them, so inspiring and motivating.

Regarding finances. I've been doing this in a fairly budget friendly way. I don't eat organic, or utilize any protein powders/supplements etc. I tend to eat the same simple foods most days and my diary is open to friends, feel free to friend me here if you are curious. I also save money by eating less restaurant foods and, well, less food period.
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My advice is.... no excuses. I am a student and couldn't afford healthy foods either. So? I managed to lose around 80 lbs in 6 months back in 2013 and I am still around that weight now. Sometimes you just gotta push yourself and tell yourself that it will be worth it.

Throughout my journey, I've learned a lot about nutrition and that little things add up. For example, instead of taking the elevator to classes I would walk up stairs, instead of drinking coke I drink water, instead of busing to classes I would walk and etc. The best thing that changed my life was getting a gym membership even though I was broke as F. I found that when I get stressed I would binge on food but now, instead of doing that I would go to the gym.

So in summary, no excuses, it's your choice and nothing is going to change unless your mind is set on your goals.