LOST 12 POUNDS IN A MONTH AND A HALF!

Options
mehv2
mehv2 Posts: 44 Member
I want to give tips to people who are trying to loose weight as well as get more tips from people on how i should continue to loose weight. I am a 19 year old female and my height is 5.2 .I still have not reached my goal and i feel that there is still a long way to go. I was 160 pounds in the beginning of December 2014 and today almost the end of January i weigh 147 today and my goal is 130-125. Initially i started with burning at least 100 calories on the treadmill and eating less than 1200 calories. I also started drinking green tea more which helped a lot with metabolism and digestion. I am now doing more toning workouts and jumping jacks are the best! they are fast, fun and burn a lot. I also started adding ingredients to my green tea such as cinnamon( great for the bodies insulin levels), lemon (the acid in it helps!), ginger( amazing for gastric issues). Oh and i started eating way healthier. I avoid all desserts and sodas and basically anything that has sugar! Food has sugar we don't need extra! I am from a south Asian background so i love spicy food and rice! SADLY i had to cut rice! and since i have celiac disease i really did not have many alternatives! so i heard about qunioa through a youtuber! yay saved my life! so ya i practically live on qunioa, corn flakes and fit and active products( from aldi). Sadly i do not have many greens in my diet but i do have meat, especially chicken! i love fruits! Blueberries, strawberries and kiwi are my fav! I try my best to do some kind of exercise daily and i started walking at 3.5 m/h( max) today i can go up to 5.3 m/h (max). So ya i still want to loose more and i feel like the beginning was not that hard but now as i'm used to this its harder to loose more. If you found anything useful or have any tips for me and my journey please do comment ! :):):)

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Losing 12 pounds in 6 weeks isn't very strange at the start of weight loss. Most of that will be water weight. I've lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I eat normally, I've had cheesecake, and chocolate, anything I want. Haven't even worked out diligently at all.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Sounds like you are doing great!
  • mehv2
    Options
    Losing 12 pounds in 6 weeks isn't very strange at the start of weight loss. Most of that will be water weight. I've lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I eat normally, I've had cheesecake, and chocolate, anything I want. Haven't even worked out diligently at all.
    Ya I guess that's why it's harder now. But I guess I'll eventually loose more

• menavilaihong
    Options
    I've only lost 5lbs..In 3 weeks..working out 5 days cardio 35 mins, started weights last week eating under 1500 calories cutting out sugar anf rice ect.but the 5lbs has not budge..even tho its a lil frustrating I'll keep adding on to my routine
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done! Signs like you're getting a handle on what is good and right for you :)

Thank you. I'm going to try those additions to the green tea. How are you adding the ginger?
  • mehv2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've only lost 5lbs..In 3 weeks..working out 5 days cardio 35 mins, started weights last week eating under 1500 calories cutting out sugar anf rice ect.but the 5lbs has not budge..even tho its a lil frustrating I'll keep adding on to my routine

Aww ya weight loss either works two ways. Either you start loosing weight fast then it goes slow cuz you lost water weight. The other is when you do so much but do not see too much results but after a few months the pounds drop like crazy!!

• mehv2
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Well done! Signs like you're getting a handle on what is good and right for you :)

Thank you. I'm going to try those additions to the green tea. How are you adding the ginger?
    Cutting it in pieces and trying to swallow them as I drink the tea. Also try mixing lemon, ginger and cinnamon all with your green tea.
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats I think you are going well and eating more healthy and cutting out sugar will benefit you in the long term. I have just recently come back to mfp and also eating more healthy, less processed sugar and doing some workout videos at home.
    I just have one tip to share. I have been substituting noodles and carbs with zucchini "noodles". Not sure if you have heard of this but basically you use a spiralizer and it cuts the zucchini to strands like noodles. You can eat it raw. There's heaps of recipes on the net as well. So hope this tip helps you with adding more greens to your diet and gives you a break from quinoa :)

All the best with your weight journey.
  • rosie48
    rosie48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the 12lb you lost is great and it is not all water! the first 4lb will be but after that it will be just plain old fat. well done and keep it up.. fantastic loss
  • rosie48
    rosie48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight you need to eat less calories per day than your body needs. To lose 1lb a week you need a negative calorie balance of 500 calories per day. To lose weight at 2lb a week you need to reduce your calorie intake by 1000 calories a day. A healthy realistic weightloss is 1-2lb a week so you are on the right track.. its not water :-)
  • mehv2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jontucc wrote: »
    Congrats I think you are going well and eating more healthy and cutting out sugar will benefit you in the long term. I have just recently come back to mfp and also eating more healthy, less processed sugar and doing some workout videos at home.
    I just have one tip to share. I have been substituting noodles and carbs with zucchini "noodles". Not sure if you have heard of this but basically you use a spiralizer and it cuts the zucchini to strands like noodles. You can eat it raw. There's heaps of recipes on the net as well. So hope this tip helps you with adding more greens to your diet and gives you a break from quinoa :)

All the best with your weight journey.

Thanks! I'll deff look Into it. But ya I need to start eating more greens!
  • mehv2
    Options
    rosie48 wrote: »
    In order to lose weight you need to eat less calories per day than your body needs. To lose 1lb a week you need a negative calorie balance of 500 calories per day. To lose weight at 2lb a week you need to reduce your calorie intake by 1000 calories a day. A healthy realistic weightloss is 1-2lb a week so you are on the right track.. its not water :-)

Haha thanks! That's a bit of a relief but my weight is fluctuating between 150-147 latley. Its not going more down loll I'm tensed

• vickierivero1
    vickierivero1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh 163, or at least that is how much I weighed in last week. I have been at it 5 days now. I just started Green Tea. I haven't drank a soda in a month. I am trying to hard. You sound like you really are driven. Good Job so far!
  • mehv2
    Options
    I weigh 163, or at least that is how much I weighed in last week. I have been at it 5 days now. I just started Green Tea. I haven't drank a soda in a month. I am trying to hard. You sound like you really are driven. Good Job so far!
    Well there are times when I cheat n don't excersise but I feel so guilty lol
  • Ezhilarum
    Options
    That's a great job .. Congrats.. Only the first 4-5lbs could be the water weight .. And you are definitely on track.. I have started working out from last week and cutting sugars.. As I also from India could not stop taking rice so I include a small portion of rice and lots of vegetables .. Also I m practicing portion control and eating three large meals and 2 snacks. I have not reduced much weight but it's just one week.. I have 40 lbs to lose.. Hope to lose more in coming weeks..
  • mehv2
    Options
    Ezhilarum wrote: »
    That's a great job .. Congrats.. Only the first 4-5lbs could be the water weight .. And you are definitely on track.. I have started working out from last week and cutting sugars.. As I also from India could not stop taking rice so I include a small portion of rice and lots of vegetables .. Also I m practicing portion control and eating three large meals and 2 snacks. I have not reduced much weight but it's just one week.. I have 40 lbs to lose.. Hope to lose more in coming weeks..

Ya its easy to loose water weight after that its hard. N loll ikr I love rice but I'm Pakistani. And ya I almost have the same goal as you

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Excellent so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!