should i do week 6 day 3 of c25k with a painful knee

Options
ok so on week 6 day 1 there was a twinge in my left knee then on week 6 day 2 it was a bit of a struggle but i pushed myself through it but by by the end of the run it was really painful and clicking! on my rest day yesterday i had trouble walking on it and today it's a bit better but still painful and i'm due to do week 6 day 3 this evening which is a 25 minute run. Should i wait another day or push through it, i want to keep up with the program as i have a 5k run next month. thanks :smile:

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i say take tomorrow off and see how it feels after that. you won't be doing any runs at all if you blow your knee out. if you feel like you're falling abit behind, you can always repeat a few days.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    check out runners world website - very helpful. I've read (too many times to count) that the runners number one enemy is self-induced injury, ignoring the body's warnings to take a break. In the long run costing the runner ultimately in distance and time. but check out the website to answer your question specifically.
    321k Posts: 19
    Options
    check out runners world website - very helpful. I've read (too many times to count) that the runners number one enemy is self-induced injury, ignoring the body's warnings to take a break. In the long run costing the runner ultimately in distance and time. but check out the website to answer your question specifically.

ok thanks very much sauza i'll check it out