Halfway there Success/Progress Report

Options
mustang289
mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
Jan 12 - May 12....four months

Lost 40 lbs

Diet only, no working out (yet)

I started at 268 and I'm down to 226. Now that I have 40 lbs less to be pounding on my knees and feet I'm going to start walking a couple miles a day and doing C25K

At 54 yrs old and 5'11" I have 12 more pounds to go from OBESE to just OVERWEIGHT.

Need to hit 179 to be healthy weight, 47 pounds to go!

Best news is my wife got motivated by my loss and she has dropped 20 lbs so far! She wants to lose 75 total.

Replies

• epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job losing all of that weight, both to you and your wife! You've done so well :) you should feel really proud of yourself, keepit up!
  • wigglypuff
    wigglypuff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's amazing to hear! Good luck on having those other pounds go bye bye :D
    Make sure to post your fitness progress since it would be motivating to see that you're training your body to be active and to toughen up. 40 lbs is tons of success; congrats to your wife's 20 lbs too.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    UPDATE
    Last post was 8 months ago, and rather than hitting my goal I gained back almost all the weight. Didn't get into the 260's, but did get up to 255 again. So, starting over, again. Down 10 pounds already and feeling better. Last summer when trying to train for the 5k I blew out my knee and had to stop running. Work got busy, blah blah blah..

New goal on the horizon is to go to DisneyWorld Nov 29 and I want non-fat pictures this time!

Side note, wife sort of stalled with her progress, has been hovering around the same weight since last year but now she is back on the program again.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Great that you are both starting again! Congrats for not giving up.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You guys have got this! Congrats on your weight loss so far. :)
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    great job. If you do c25k consider joining that group and posting in the daily update thread. Lot's of motivation there since there will be others doing it with you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!