No/low impact DVD workouts

Options
I am seeking DVD workout suggestions. I plan to do these in my office at work on my breaks or at lunch, so I need them to be 10-45 min long, no jumping, no heavy lifting, and use no equipment other than light weights (10 lb or less), resistance bands or other things of that nature.

For reference, I am currently doing Brazil Butt Lift High and Tight and Sculpt DVDS, as well as Zumba Flat Abs.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Any of the Leslie Sansone walking dvds.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Woudl this work in an office? I could only walk a few steps till I had to turn around.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Check out Ellen Barrett's pilates/cardio blend DVDs. All are low impact and they'd be really nice for a mid-day break because she incorporates nice fluid movements that make me feel energized and stretched.

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/ellen-barrett

The Crunch Firm & Burn Pilates is one of my all-time favorite workouts.

ETA: Yes the Leslie Sansone videos are 'walk in place' type workouts so you won't need room.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    should be fine. Occasionally, she says to move up 2 back 2 or up 4 back 4. I don't have the space to go up a full 4, so I go up 2 and march in place until it's time to move back. There is also side steps and high knees. Here is a preview of one of the ones I have:
  • VBJONLY
    VBJONLY Posts: 25
    Options

Woudl this work in an office? I could only walk a few steps till I had to turn around.

Yes!!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    should be fine. Occasionally, she says to move up 2 back 2 or up 4 back 4. I don't have the space to go up a full 4, so I go up 2 and march in place until it's time to move back. There is also side steps and high knees. Here is a preview of one of the ones I have:

I thought it would be on a treadmill but yeah, that looks good. Thanks! I will check those out.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Check out Ellen Barrett's pilates/cardio blend DVDs. All are low impact and they'd be really nice for a mid-day break because she incorporates nice fluid movements that make me feel energized and stretched.

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/ellen-barrett

The Crunch Firm & Burn Pilates is one of my all-time favorite workouts.

ETA: Yes the Leslie Sansone videos are 'walk in place' type workouts so you won't need room.

Thanks! I will also check these out.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Pure Barre is low/no impact.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

They have several walking DVD's that are pretty much walking in place.

I personally do squats and push ups at my desk- and then I take extra trips up and down the stairs.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

They have several walking DVD's that are pretty much walking in place.

I personally do squats and push ups at my desk- and then I take extra trips up and down the stairs.

I was doing that, but I have found that I work harder to a DVD. Plus, the squats and pushups were getting boring and I was starting to slack off.

I don't like working out inside at all, but right now it's too nasty outside so I'm just trying to mix it up so I'll stay motivated to do it until the weather is nice again.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    radmack wrote: »
    Pure Barre is low/no impact.

I will check this out. thanks!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    jessicasmithtv - I recommend strength and stride episode 1 (hand weights) or episode 2 (resistance band), but her disco walk is fun to - I have been trying a lot of her different ones and more out there I haven't even tried yet - all different levels of activity but the episode 1 and 2 have been really keeping me going....even like her better than Leslie Sansone who I have been doing for years...although either are good workouts and I mix them all up - Best of luck to you!!
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options

This. Highly recommended

• ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVDs are perfect, some of them have the boosters using hand weights and resistance bands. There are a lot of different L Sansone Dvds too for variety, but all based on the same premise, low impact
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    netter43 wrote: »
    jessicasmithtv - I recommend strength and stride episode 1 (hand weights) or episode 2 (resistance band), but her disco walk is fun to - I have been trying a lot of her different ones and more out there I haven't even tried yet - all different levels of activity but the episode 1 and 2 have been really keeping me going....even like her better than Leslie Sansone who I have been doing for years...although either are good workouts and I mix them all up - Best of luck to you!!

Can these be purchased as DVDs? Google only leads to online streaming workouts. I can't eat up the company bandwidth for my workout.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

NP :) I'm a big fan of hers as well.