Avoid temptation

Options
I told my family to go out to eat without me- it was better to avoid the temptation!

Replies

• sassycassy631
    sassycassy631 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good for u!
  • JillSMcColl
    JillSMcColl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What was for dinner?
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    I would have done the same..
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    That's sad. :disappointed:
    The point of getting your eating under control isn't to be miserable, deny yourself fun / pleasure, it's to learn to eat in moderation.
    Moderation is sustainable, denial is not.

I eat all kinds of things people probably wouldn't think someone "on a diet" would have (pizza, beer, pasta, cheese, cookies, Chinese buffet, peanut butter) and I'm having great success, not feeling deprived.

51637601.png
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    The point of getting your eating under control isn't to be miserable, deny yourself fun / pleasure, it's to learn to eat in moderation.

I eat all kinds of things people probably wouldn't think someone "on a diet" would have (pizza, beer, pasta, cheese, cookies, Chinese buffet, peanut butter) and I'm having great success, not feeling deprived.

51637601.png

yes i agree its all about portions and cutting back on fats i used to be very athletic and i went to the pizza/chinease buffet here and there
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

51637601.png

yes i agree its all about portions and cutting back on fats i used to be very athletic and i went to the pizza/chinease buffet here and there but if you know its going to be hard to resist temptation you made the right choice..i always think if your at the begining of a weight loss journey you should try to avoid tempting food because you are still volnurable well personal experiance as you get further along it will get easier
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I understand why you didn't go out to eat with your family, but you've got to be able to enjoy yourself AND make responsible choices in the real world. Don't deny yourself...that is not usually something anyone can maintain for a reasonable amount of time. Look up nutritional value before you get to the restaurant and give yourself the choice between the three healthiest options. Eat half and take the rest home. I would never skip an opportunity to dine out with my family at a decent restaurant. Fast food I'd totally pass on, though...just not worth it, IMO.
  • a4somerville
    Options
    It was my first week on my new "vegan" plan. It was the best choice at that time. I have since gone out to eat with my family & took my own food along.
  • a4somerville
    Options
    What was for dinner?
    Memphis BBQ!!!

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It was my first week on my new "vegan" plan. It was the best choice at that time. I have since gone out to eat with my family & took my own food along.

What the heck is a "vegan plan"? :huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Tagging because I'm wondering the same thing
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing she plans to be vegan.

Side note, I think taking your own food to a restaurant is unsanitary and exceptionally rude.
  • awala94
    awala94 Posts: 11
    Options
    I told my family to go out to eat without me- it was better to avoid the temptation!
    That's true but you're going to be in situations where you can't avoid it but the only thing you can do is choose wisely when it comes to food. Can't be missing out on the family time. Being healthy shouldn't stop you living normally! (: but good for you! It is hard when the family want to go out eating junk food and you're the only one trying so hard to keep on track!
  • a4somerville
    Options
    ahokay89 wrote: »
    I would have done the same..
    redheaddee wrote: »
    I'm guessing she plans to be vegan.

Side note, I think taking your own food to a restaurant is unsanitary and exceptionally rude.

• a4somerville
    Options
    I don't think taking a small bag of organic mini carrots into Wendy's is so rude. I have a teenager and that is where he wanted to eat & I needed to spend time with him.
  • billc2
    billc2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    it doesn't hurt to go off the routine once in a while and enjoy yourself with your family
  • a4somerville
    Options
    Again- it was MY FIRST week of no caffeine, no sugar, no white flour product, white potatoes or rice, no dairy, no meat.
  • a4somerville
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »

Tagging because I'm wondering the same thing

• LoveLiveLife27
    Options
    I do the same! Until I can trust myself to not over eat while out, I'm not going out with family/friends to eat.
  • a4somerville
    Options
    I have gone "vegan" but it's not a life-long thing. When I've lost the weight I will allow muskeg to eat small portions of lean meat & limited dairy. I am only eating fruits & vegetables right now. No sugar, no "white" foods such as rice potatoes etc & only water to drink. I do liquify my fruits & veggies. It is my own interpretation of the Biblical "Daniel diet." I lost 5.5 lbs the first week & determined to stay strong-