Guess who inspired me at the gym today & I didn't even know her...

Options
Saw aN 80 year-old woman today at the gym, walker and all. Yes you could tell it was hard for her to get around/exercise but it made me realize something...I don't just want to be thin or lose lbs, I want to be like her when I am older: strong, healthy and with a positive attitude.

What inspires you to get into shape, clean up your diet, exercise etc??

I'm looking for motivated friends to encourage and support me! I have noticed over the last few days (I just re-activated/re-dedicated myself to MFP) people have been so motivational and it makes me want to stay on track. Feel free to friend me! Good to everyone on their journey!!

Replies

• prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Seeing people jogging on the streets when drive to and from work. I always think if they can do it so can I
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The para-olympics. Also ultra-marathoners and iron-men, etc. I think to myself, if they can do that, then most certainly I can get through a 60 minute spin class!
  • kokomom1950
    kokomom1950 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am almost 65, still working full time, and go to the gym each morning before work. I have 80 year members old running circles around me! One thing I've learned is that if you still want to be moving in your older years, you have to start when you're young. It doesn't get easier as you get older!
  • awala94
    awala94 Posts: 11
    Options
    That's so weird that's what actually got me motivated too. I saw this elderly couple working together in the gym and I instantly thought "that's who I want to be". I'm still young but I feel like by being overweight it stops me from being happy and living a healthy life. There's so many people much older than me wish to be my age again and make things different. So I motivated myself to make sure I never regret my young adult life. Losing weight is just beneficial. It brings up your self-esteem, make you more energetic and happy. Who doesnt want that!
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    Thank you sharing your stories and I hope your story will one day inspire others too!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Love that!!! I see some women in their 70's and 80's every year at my triathlons and think I want that to be me someday!