Question for the ladies (as men do not understand the suffering we go through...)

Options
Ola!

I started my lovely time of the month a few days ago and I generally last around 5/6 days. How long on average would you ladies say you stayed bloated for after you've finished? I've never tracked it before and since I came on I've gained a few lbs in bloatiness and water retention (I assume). I had even a lot of junk over the weekend so probably gained a bit from that as well but I was just curious when people would recommend to start weighing myself again?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depends. Some months, I gain a couple lbs and then it drops off before it's even over. Other times I gain nothing. And then there are times were I seem to gain and maintain that &#%^ bloat until a day or two after it's over.
  • Sarinaamarinaa
    Sarinaamarinaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    do not weigh yourself 3 days before starting and first two days ( in these 5 days you gain 3 - 5 lbs ) let it be over or after 5th day you can check your weight again.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't bloat, I lose weight. So uh.. weigh whenever desired?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It depends on the individual and the cycle

I like to weigh daily because the fluctuations don't bother me and I'm interested in them
    This cycle I went up 1.6lbs the day before I was due, dropped 0.8lbs the day I was due but didn't start, up today another 2lbs (so that's 3.6lbs from normal weight)

Generally it's gone a few days after period and I should drop lower than pre-period weight - generally about 1 or 2lbs which I will stay at or around (within a 1lb margin) for a couple of weeks - then drop again after ovulation

it really is fascinating to track... yaknow when you remove the discomfort, crampings, oversensitivity and mood swings from the equation :wink:
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is great advice- thanks for asking the questions ForBaacon! I was wondering the same thing, weighed myself a couple days before 'starting' and had gone up 7lbs OVERNIGHT!! Glad to see I'm not the only one that experiences it!

Does anyone find that pushing the water (even with the bloating and such) continues to help during this time? I'm doing my best to drink as much as possible, just hoping it's not going to add to the problem :)