hot water with lemon?

Options
Hello has anyone heard about drinking hot water with lemon in the morning? I read you're supposed to drink it about an hour before breakfast. Just want to know if anyone's tried it and if they see any benefits.

Replies

• MissHollyGolightly
    Options
    I´ve heard about pineapple water ....but hot water with lemon I only drink when i´m ill...
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    I tried it when i have stomach ache or flu. It is really great for stomach and relaxation.

I do not drink every morning, just when i need some rest. I prefer to drink it after a meal or on evening. I do not think is good to drink lemon in empty stomach.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes lots of plans recomend you do this, its meant to be really good for you
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I read this in a few places as well that its supose to wake up your digestive system and suposedly for diabetic it helps lower your blood sugar if drank prior to a meal.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do - every morning since starting my new routine...Ive found it helps start my water consumption for the day and Ive heard it helps get your metabolism started but Im not sure thats a fact. But I have been told to rinse staright after it as the acid is bad for your tooth enamel.
  • marielholmes
    Options
    I drink this as I have IBS, it is good for the digestive system, you can also buy Green Tea with loemon wich is full of anti-oxidants and is caffeine free
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    just dont brush you teeth for 40 minutes after
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink it in the morning but I have it with breakfast. Remember you're supposed to eat within 30 minutes of waking up to start your metabolism for the day :)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i don't drink hot water with lemon but i have weak tea with lemon every morning with my breakfast
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    While I don't like any advice that says "you're supposed to..." do anything....

I drink a mug of hot water with lemon in it first thing every morning. I usually make it, go back to bed and sip it while listening to the news on the radio.
  • etvazquez
    etvazquez Posts: 13
    Options
    so it only works if you drink it 30 minutes before you eat breakfast?
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it gave me hardcore gastric reflux :(
  • LacheleG
    LacheleG Posts: 37
    Options
    I sometimes drink it in the morning but I have it with breakfast. Remember you're supposed to eat within 30 minutes of waking up to start your metabolism for the day :)

^^^
    good to know!!!! :]
  • LacheleG
    LacheleG Posts: 37
    Options
    I have heard of this but I have heard more about drinking COLD water bc it is suppose to make your metabolism work harder!!
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I drink it probably every day either before of with my breakfast and have done for a long time.
    I need to pee about 10 mins after lol and if I dont have it I feel a bit blergh/sluggish.

It is supposed to be good to 'flush you through' first thing, wake up your metabolism and obviously any extra flush your kidneys can get it good for you too :)
  • DanielleSkylar
    DanielleSkylar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 17 day diet and this is one of the things they suggest you doing. I personally haven't noticed a difference.