I went from morbidly obese to 6 pack abs! Ask me Anything

Replies

• How did you make it without getting loose skin? Really worrying about this.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    How did you make it without getting loose skin? Really worrying about this.
    I posted a video about that on page 24

• conangt87
    conangt87 Posts: 180 Member
    NIOCE!!!!!!!!!
  • laureenk8
    laureenk8 Posts: 4 Member
    very nice, no saggy skin great, have you got any more clearer pictures of your face when you were 315lbs?
  • Starlite984
    Starlite984 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2015
    Awesome job what a great accomplishment way to go
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Hi vismal, I started in September 2014 I've lost 40.3 lbs by running and counting calories. I would still like to lose 30lbs to be on the high side of ' healthy' for my height. I'm 5'3 and 172 right now. I use the method TDEE, my calorie goal is 1750 but I normally eat between 1500-1650 calories a day. I run 4 times a week and strength train 2 times a week. I only started strength at the end of November. I noticed my losses slowed in December(4 lbs loss) and January(4.4lbs loss). I know the closer you get to your goal the slower it gets. My questions, is a lbs a week a good goal for having 30lbs to go? Should I lower my calorie intake to try and lose more weekly? Is there something else I should be doing to keep my losses going?? Thank you!
  • vismal
    laureenk8 wrote: »
    very nice, no saggy skin great, have you got any more clearer pictures of your face when you were 315lbs?
    I do but not on my computer. Not sure why you want to see pictures of my fat-face...lol?
    dyemysoul wrote: »
    Hi vismal, I started in September 2014 I've lost 40.3 lbs by running and counting calories. I would still like to lose 30lbs to be on the high side of ' healthy' for my height. I'm 5'3 and 172 right now. I use the method TDEE, my calorie goal is 1750 but I normally eat between 1500-1650 calories a day. I run 4 times a week and strength train 2 times a week. I only started strength at the end of November. I noticed my losses slowed in December(4 lbs loss) and January(4.4lbs loss). I know the closer you get to your goal the slower it gets. My questions, is a lbs a week a good goal for having 30lbs to go? Should I lower my calorie intake to try and lose more weekly? Is there something else I should be doing to keep my losses going?? Thank you!
    For your goal, a lb a week is a perfect rate of loss. You may even find that as you get within 5-10 lbs of your goal, you'll have to slow even further to 2-3 lbs a month.

• bryce0000
    bryce0000 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for the info and paying it forward like this. Very inspirational.

I saw you say that you ignore your exercise calories (use gross calories not net). I like that, but what would you use for your TDEE? The 'No Exercise' multiplier to BMR or '3x week' multiplier or what? Just curious.

Im 280 with 40 or so to lose, trying to get a good idea, I love the numbers aspect. I'm using the (BMR x 1.375) - 20% for my daily calorie goal.
  • vismal
    bryce0000 wrote: »

I saw you say that you ignore your exercise calories (use gross calories not net). I like that, but what would you use for your TDEE? The 'No Exercise' multiplier to BMR or '3x week' multiplier or what? Just curious.

Im 280 with 40 or so to lose, trying to get a good idea, I love the numbers aspect. I'm using the (BMR x 1.375) - 20% for my daily calorie goal.
    I just estimate my tdee. It doesn't matter if I'm right or even close because I'll adjust my calories based on my actual results. After doing that long enough you get a very good idea of your maintenance.

• bryce0000
    bryce0000 Posts: 21 Member
    vismal wrote: »
    bryce0000 wrote: »

I just estimate my tdee. It doesn't matter if I'm right or even close because I'll adjust my calories based on my actual results. After doing that long enough you get a very good idea of your maintenance.

Ah gotcha. Ok thanks man! Catching up on all your videos too. Great stuff.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    No questions just a virtual high-five. Great job!
  • induindhira
    induindhira Posts: 1 Member
    Hi its a fantastic transformation ..I need to lose like 45 lbs.i d count my calories and have started working out .what do you think you piece of advise for me to get on the right track as I hardly see any weight loss
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Awesome job. Started watching your videos and I'm hooked on those as well.

I'm currently 208 looking to drop 20lbs or so. Mostly have a gut from a sedentary desk job. I'm 1 week into the C25K program. Ordered an Olympic bench and will be starting a 5x5 when it arrives. My question is should I change my calorie intake? MFP currently has me at 1850 to drop 1 lb/week.
  • aviatorrie1
    aviatorrie1 Posts: 12 Member
    How much did you lose a week and at what caloric daily intake.
  • vismal
    Hi its a fantastic transformation ..I need to lose like 45 lbs.i d count my calories and have started working out .what do you think you piece of advise for me to get on the right track as I hardly see any weight loss
    Weight loss is all about a calorie deficit. The first thing you need to do is make sure you are counting correctly by weighing your food and not doing estimating or lots of free/cheat days. After that, if weight doesn't move, you simply reduce calories.
    MikeDee_ny wrote: »
    Awesome job. Started watching your videos and I'm hooked on those as well.

I'm currently 208 looking to drop 20lbs or so. Mostly have a gut from a sedentary desk job. I'm 1 week into the C25K program. Ordered an Olympic bench and will be starting a 5x5 when it arrives. My question is should I change my calorie intake? MFP currently has me at 1850 to drop 1 lb/week.
    I'd only change calories around if you felt there was a need too. If you are hungry all the time and not recovering well, you could up them a little, but if you are seeing results, then I wouldn't mess with anything.
    How much did you lose a week and at what caloric daily intake.
    It varied a lot throughout the whole process. At this point I can comfortably lose 1 lb a week eating around 2500 calories.

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    vismal wrote: »
    Moisturize and exfoliate. It helps a little. The 2 biggest things that help with lose skin are lifting to preserve/gain lean mass, and time. My skin is almost completely recovered at this point. It is still not tight and probably never will be but the hang is virtually invisible unless I am in a push up position. So as long as I don't do push ups at the beach I'm good...lol

But you are correct, fit with loose skin looks and feels better then fat. It's also worlds healthier. With cloths on you can't notice at all!

LOL I know what you mean about the push up! One of the trainers at the gym made me do a plank as part of the sign up physical and I was straight but the skin was all hanging low. And that is when I decided planks were not for me. :-)

• unbelievable! you are HOT!
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Good Job,keep it up that s all i have to say!
  • score45609
    score45609 Posts: 36 Member
    my question is how did you stay on track? What was the hardest part? Was it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise so much?
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Great job! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!