How do I add 'frequent' foods to 'my foods'?

Options
Just joined and can't believe this doesn't seem possible? As frequent or recent foods only appear in the meal you've had them in previously it means having to search again if, for example, you're eating something today for lunch that you had yesterday for dinner.
I just want all my foods to go into one database that I can select from for any meal. Seems to be a major oversight in an otherwise brilliant App unless I'm missing something??

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Its possible. If you Search for a Food item and then Edit the version that matches your product the Food Item it will be saved in the "My Foods" tab of your Food Diary.
    The next time you go to " Add Food " to a meal you would then pick the " My Foods " tab and select the food. You can also save Complete Meals. Which is great for standards such as Breakfast Cereal, Fruit and milk.
    Here is a link to a collection of very good posts to read.

"http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026/important-posts-to-read/p1

"http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212"
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    On the Web version, when you Add Food to Meal, click the drop down arrow and choose All Meals to display from across all meals. You can also change the sort from default (reverse chronological) to name (alphabetical). On the mobile apps, click the tool icon to change display options when adding food.

j5ap1wxvxaqk.jpg
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Click the option button next to the submit button, it will let you transfer the whole meal into the next days meal if it is the same meal. If you want to add to a different meal, them make it a meal, give it a name. (like my meds, I hate having to put it in every time, so I did a meal and labeled it meds/vitamins. That way I know. I also eat the same crackers and string cheese lots. so I did a meal with that and labeled it crackers stringchees. so if I want any meal to have that, I click submit, then meal, then find the one I want.