Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Update/Reverse Diet

Kimlane70
Kimlane70 Posts: 117
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I've lost 7lbs in 4 days on reverse diet, but I just wanted to clear up some misconceptions on this. I don't eat dinner/supper foods for breakfast. I eat breakfast foods. I just eat a large breakfast...about 700 calories. You can eat dinner foods in the morning but that is a personal preference not a requirement. All I've done is reverse my calories, not my food. This is my first week doing this so it is a learning process. But 7lbs is incredible to me. My calories are still the same I've only changed where I'm putting them in the day. It's all about changing habits, which we all know is not easy. KIM

Breakfast: around 700 calories
Lunch: around 400 calories
Dinner: around 200 calories

Replies

• I've lost 7lbs in 4 days on reverse diet, but I just wanted to clear up some misconceptions on this. I don't eat dinner/supper foods for breakfast. I eat breakfast foods. I just eat a large breakfast...about 700 calories. You can eat dinner foods in the morning but that is a personal preference not a requirement. All I've done is reverse my calories, not my food. This is my first week doing this so it is a learning process. But 7lbs is incredible to me. My calories are still the same I've only changed where I'm putting them in the day. It's all about changing habits, which we all know is not easy. KIM

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Is this your first week on a diet
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I've lost 7lbs in 4 days on reverse diet, but I just wanted to clear up some misconceptions on this. I don't eat dinner/supper foods for breakfast. I eat breakfast foods. I just eat a large breakfast...about 700 calories. You can eat dinner foods in the morning but that is a personal preference not a requirement. All I've done is reverse my calories, not my food. This is my first week doing this so it is a learning process. But 7lbs is incredible to me. My calories are still the same I've only changed where I'm putting them in the day. It's all about changing habits, which we all know is not easy. KIM

No snacks?:sad: I couldn't do that. :laugh:
  • This is my first week on this diet....the reverse diet.

I eat my snacks at the end of my meal or whenever I want too. Typically I eat a banana on my way to the gym (which i just joined on nov 11th). I eat my apple after lunch, and at night i munch on grapes and/or pineapple if I feel the urge.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    What is the reverse diet supposed to do? And are you sure it isn't just water?
  • What is the reverse diet supposed to do? And are you sure it isn't just water?

Ok, I'm still learning about this but I'll try to explain it.....you know how most people when their dieting, get up and try to eat a small sensible breakfast? then for lunch they'll eat a salad or whatever and maybe grab some sort of snack and then by the time dinner rolls around we're starving to death and end up eating everything we can get our hands on.....and I don't know, I'm sure not everyone does that, but anyways.......this is a complete flip-flop of all the above mentioned. You eat your larger meal at the beginning of your busy day. Just like when you go on a road trip you fill the tank to the top so you can go further.........and I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 calories a day.....usually somewhere in between that. Hope this helps a little, I'm about halfway through the book, so still tryin to figure it all out myself, however, in the meantime, I've lost 7lbs.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    This is essentially how I eat. It has worked for me so far! The logic is, if you eat the most calories for breakfast, you have all day to burn them off, versus eating a big dinner, then going to bed in a few hours. Like I said it's been working for me, and I feel great! Good luck!

109912.png
This discussion has been closed.