Club 50+ for Women 50 & older: sharing motivation, encouragement, tips

Options
Welcome to Club 50+ This is a great group to share successes, and struggles!

Replies

• emilygeorge1
    Options
    73 yr old female - want to lose 30# . Excercise class x 1 hr 2x week. Need more excercise - arthritis , knee replacement 1 yr ago
  • TheJourneybyT
    TheJourneybyT Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ my name is Teresa or T. I'm 52 years old with 162 pounds to loose. I sent you an invite to Club 50+. It is a weight loss group of women 50 years old or older. We talk about our day, successes, struggles, tips. Click Community, look for a little gray bell on the right had side. Click the bell. Have a great day, T
  • AnnetteOwenby
    AnnetteOwenby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'll be turning 52 in March. I need all of the help, support, inspiration & encouragement I can get. We're all on the same journey. No one is alone. We can be successful !
  • Ruthhc1
    Ruthhc1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi. Ill be 53 this year. Ive just joined a gym for the 1st time in my life. Id like to drop about half a stone but more importantly I want to get fit. Ive been using my fitness pal since last May but weight loss has now stalled. I'm doing a combination of running, circuit training, zumba and body conditioning. Looking forward to sharing in everyone's success. Please add me.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Hi ~ Welcome, I sent an invite to you ~ AnnetteOwenby and Ruthhc1. Click Community, look for a little gray bell on the right had side. Click the bell. See you in Club 50+
  • monyokks
    monyokks Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 53 and lost over 20 pounds last year and working hard to lose at least 70 more. Looking for people in the same boat so we can encourage each other in this journey.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Hi ~ Welcome, I sent an invite to you Monyokks. Click Community, look for a little gray bell on the right had side. Click the bell. See you in Club 50+
  • Happylise
    Options
    Hi ~ my name is Teresa or T. I'm 52 years old with 162 pounds to loose. I sent you an invite to Club 50+. It is a weight loss group of women 50 years old or older. We talk about our day, successes, struggles, tips. Click Community, look for a little gray bell on the right had side. Click the bell. Have a great day, T

• Happylise
    Options
    Hi my name is Lise, 61 and need to loose 35 llbs. I faveur a high protein low carb diet because it cuts hunger down. So far I have lost 7 llbs since Januarey 2, 2015. Happy to join in your group. My exercise is weight training 2x a week and walking 30 min 3x/week.
  • freyja1197
    freyja1197 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 51 and have been actively losing weight for the last few months - feel free to add me to your group or as a friend :)
  • poutchikins
    poutchikins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a 61 year old female and would love to loose 40 lbs. I am short (4ft 7) and therefore look rounded. I am trying to follow the Slimming World diet but sweets and chocolate get in my way!!! Would love to join your group so please add me. Thank U!
  • Giget
    Giget Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 58 and need to lose 35 lbs. that I have carried around for the last 10 yrs. I would love to join!!
  • betsydepersis
    betsydepersis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 62 and would like to lose 25 pounds. I do like going to the gym and walking with my friends (4-5 days a week, 3.5 miles). So, I'm pretty happy with my exercise. My problem is more about food. Currently, I am struggling with after dinner eating. I find myself eating out of boredom, habit, emotions, thirst etc. I love to cook and love to eat. I also like my glass (or two) of wine. I lose weight then I put some, or most of it back on. I am looking for some motivation and accountability from others but I don't really want to join WW again. I know I can do it without paying all that money if I have some good feedback. I also have a FitBit and love it but I am not a fan of logging my food. I think I need to, but just can't seem to get myself to stick to it. Can you relate?
  • tufztuf
    tufztuf Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi All! I will be 58 in March. All my adult life I've been the type whose weight will slowly creep up, then I'll lose it on a diet, then it'll slowly creep up again. I know what I should eat, I just get careless about it over time, and then all of a sudden I've hit my "wake up" weight . . . again.

I just hit that "wake up" weight at Christmas, so I've been dieting since then. WELL, this time it's been coming off WAYYYY slower. Only six pounds since Christmas. But, hey, I was GAINING weight BEFORE Christmas, so at least I'm going the right direction now.

It occurs to me that I really should use some psychology on myself and lower that "wake up" weight a bit, too, so I have a shorter way to go next time. I need to totally freak out when I'm just 5 pounds over! Then maybe I wouldn't need 3 sizes of clothes on hand all the time!

Anyway, I'd love to join the group. I really enjoy the online discussions, as it helps me to keep focused.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Hi ~ my name is Teresa or T. I'm 52 years old with 162 pounds to loose. I sent all of you (Poutchikins, Giget, Betsydepersis, Tufztuf) an invite to Club 50+. It is a weight loss group of women 50 years old or older. We talk about our day, successes, struggles, tips. Click Community, look for a little gray bell on the right had side. Click the bell. Yes, Betsy, I can relate! Have a great day, T
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 52 and am looking for some motivation/accountability. 50's the new 40, right?
  • KarenBMack
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 57 year old who'd like to lose a total of 60 lb. I'm hoping that we'll all be able to support each other and reach our goals! I'd sure like to join the group.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Great to see so many motivated people. It is harder as we age, metabolism slows, medications, aches and pains. All excuses we can wallow in or accept it and move on. I am 62, lost over 80 lb and have kept it at bay for three years. Maintenance seems to be as much of a struggle as losing. Best of luck to everyone.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Welcome ColleenZ101, KarenBMack, marekdds I have sent you all invites. If you would like to join us... Click Community, look for a little gray bell on the right had side. Click the bell. Have a great day, T
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good group, but I have to say that as I read the posts, I see a lot of people talking about "diets". The one thing I have learned on MFP is that the way to lose and keep weight off, is to adopt a new lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise. I'm 67 and have tried about every diet out there. I would lose weight and slowly gain it all back. This time when I reach my goal, I plan to continue logging everything that I eat and staying within a healthy weight. It's ashamed that I can't plan to go out for a big fat juicy cheeseburger every week, but I find I'm surviving just fine without them. I used to eat for all the same reasons all fat people use. Now I have decided to eat for fuel and not from habit. I can find other things in life to give me joy and being a smaller size is one of them.
    I recently went shopping for clothes (because mine were getting too big :)) and for the first time in years I wasn't shopping in the "Women's" department. That is motivation for me. When I look in the mirror and see a smaller women, that is motivation. Find what motivates you and just make yourself do it. I don't like to exercise, but I do it almost every day and it's helping, not only lose weight, but firming up what is left.
    I don't mean to preach, and only wish you all the best of luck in your journey.

I wish you all a happy and healthy tomorrow.
    Janet