Fitness trackers, Is it worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge hr. I love it.

My whole family and many friends wear fitbit, so we compete for steps which is fun.

The hr feature makes tracking cardio automatic. I find it acceptably accurate.

I also prefer having a display. I've gotten used to having a watch again. I like the caller ID feature, and never use audible ring tones anymore. I do wish it had text notifications too though.
  • kellyswanholm
    kellyswanholm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've only had my Fitbit Flex for 2.5 weeks but I'm loving it so far! :)
  • dwebbslc
    dwebbslc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge HR. I am amazed!! The integration with my fitness pal is awesome!
  • dwebbslc
    dwebbslc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge HR. I am amazed!! The integration with my fitness pal is awesome! :D
  • lilbea89
    lilbea89 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I looked at a bunch of different ones before I bought my Up band. Its more flexible than the other bands so I found it more comfortable to wear on a daily basis. After calibrating it to my stride I found its relatively accurate to my step count. I like it tracks my sleep patterns as well. I have it synced to mfp and its nice it automatically updates my calorie deficit when it uploads the exercise. I also use it to help train for a 5k with a running app too! I'd buy it again
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Depending on how into running and cycling you are I suggest its between a Garmin and a Fitbit.

Garmin - I had a vivofit which was great for tracking and now since Xmas a 920XT which does the lot. The new Fenix 3 later this year will do the lot as well as looking relatively cool on the wrist. Also a new vivo product coming that tracks runs etc as well as steps. Downside with Garmin is they are new to the whole calorie/MFP thing and their Connect interface can be very ropey.

Fitbit - by all accounts people very happy with these. The new Fitbit charge looks interesting as it has a built in HRM and can do runs etc as well as track activity.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live without my fitbit; it is only a simple one, but I can see how many calories I'm burning a day so I can make sure I eat at a decent deficit.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love my BodyMedia FIT and I am currently waiting for the UP3 to come out. I like accuracy.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I got the Garmin Vivofit and i absolutely love it. Never take it off.

It's a great way to see how much i move or don't move. It's giving me a better understanding of my exercise burns. The steps part is great because i really wanted to at least get up and move more. It makes it sort of competitive with strangers so i don't feel judged. There are issues once in a while with the software but eventually it catches up.

Can't say anything about accuracy but now i am seeing things better because i don't have to wait for the scale to keep moving or not move. Compared to what i was doing before it is at least an improvement.

I got it on sale on amazon, free shipping and i used a credit card with rewards so i earned a few extra dollars off in the end.

I am content with it for now. I might upgrade to a newer version later so that i can pass this one along to another family member but there is no rush. Overall i'm thrilled with it.
  • DonnellHensley567
    Options
    I don't think fitness tracker is not necessary if you are satisfied with your workout and feel improvement, but still you can purchase fitness tracker. I am the self tracker of my body fitness.