Kind of misleading

Options
so I have logged my food for a month but when my fitbit is joined to it. It keeps saying I can meet more than the calorie intake. Ok.. How is that helping aid me in losing weight? I just dont understand that process.

Replies

• boydmist
    boydmist Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat not meet.. Sorry
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you set up MFP according to Guided goals, the Calories you need to eat each day at the rate of loss per week you chose does not include any additional Calories you would gain for logging exercise for that day. So let's say you wanted to lose one pound per week and MFP guided goals gave you 1500 Calories per day as a goal. If you did not perform and log exercise, you would eat to the 1500 Calorie goal.

If tomorrow, you log 200 Calories from exercise, MFP would add those Calories to your daily goal, so tomorrow you would have 1500 + 200 = 1700 Calories goal. You would still be losing weight at the estimated rate of one pound per week, because that was included in the MFP guided goals. You would have the choice not to eat or to eat those extra Calories - that is what is called eating-back your exercise Calories - some people don't, some people eat back a percentage, some people eat back all of them. Note that exercise Calorie estimates are just that, estimates.

Please read this article from the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/410332-how-does-myfitnesspal-calculate-my-initial-goals-
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit but I don't use it for calculating exercise calories or TDEE.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its set up to eat back your exercise calories. I personally use a different method, so mine are built in already. But your fitbit is giving you back the calories you burnt during your workout. Many use that method, and it works just fine for them. Its also a good way to ensure that your getting enough calories per day, as that's important. Some only eat back 50% of the calories they've burned. Its trail and error, see what works best for you.
  • blakemarkum87
    Options
    The calories it says you have burned during your excercise is estimated not exact. I suggest not eating back all of your exercise calories so you don't risk overeating.
  • boydmist
    boydmist Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the help:) i appreciate it:)